Saint Martin Overview Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice.

Nice. I'd like to see more of the underwater environment, the reef etc. Got more?

We only had the GoPro camera and most of the time it was in video mode. So I do not have a lot of stills and the ones I have are naturally blue dominated (no flash).

However I can give a few words about the diving. We dove on both the Saint Martin (French, north) side and the Sint Maartin (Dutch, south) side. The wind was very high all week and from the east-north-east so the French side was both rough and silted up badly. The Dutch side was in the lee of the island so a bit calmer and much better visibility (the video is from a wreak dive on Dutch side). The Dutch side seems to be all wreak/artificial reef diving and the French side had what appear to be very nice natural reefs. We were there in early January and this wind is probably a seasonal (I did not know).

The wreaks were full of life and since our groups were typically small 4-8 divers there was room to see and not run into each other. I do wish the wind would have dropped so we could see more of the reefs on the French side because they are probably spectacular but typical vis was 15-20 feet and on one drift dive about 5 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom