Salang, Tioman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boljakool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Had an opportunity to dive in Tioman last week. We did a 2-dive day trip. Couldn't write a long trip report but I'll say it with a few pictures. Here:

One hour and a half boat ride from Mersing to Salang.
RiverMouth.jpg

Water temp was 30ºC. Perfect weather with flat waters.
Salang.jpg

Cool dive ops, DMs and guides.
FishermenDive.jpg

I enjoyed the swim-through around Labas island.

Make us jealous, that water looks like to dive for.

Who did you stay with?

I would swap a cold damp british day at work for your experience anytime.

WOW i miss that..been away almost 4 years now...i'll be back next April 08 : ). Soyah island still look same !!! also i saw one of my good friend in your picture.

anyways thanks for sharing photo !!

hey is that Zaha who used to work at B+J we dived with you there 4 years ago...I bought your Citizen from you!!!!

we will be going back again in early July...we are in the philipines at the moment...

Yup...it's me...!!!! . Do you still have the watch ? i have another one if you need one!! :).. now i 'm living in Canada.. working as Diveshop manager around Toronto. done alots of cold water diving around Lake ontario since i move here 3 years ago.. i'm planning go back to Tioman April 08. just visiting family and friend for a month. i miss warm 30 C water man...argh!!

July..Hemmm !!if you lucky i might see big stuff there.

Sigh, I'm getting homesick.

Zaha....good to hear you are well we are diving in the Philipines at the moment then we go to Sipadan then Manado/Lembeh then back to Malaysia....fly back to rubbish England in August.

The watch is doing well, it had a full service and a new metal strap when I got home last time, its now done over 100 dives with me plus the million it did with you, and compliments my single guage consol and Vyper perfectly.

Kaye says Hello...

Hey guys

good the hear form you. i'm pretty stuck in cold water diving for a while. i love diving around Canada.. they have great shipwreck around still in good shape. Good to know you still have the watch and still in good conditions. i think i dive with that watch at least 1500 dive before it go to you. anyways.. say hi to Kaye. Hopefully in future we can dive together again..

Safe diving

cheers

Zaha

Zaha ... you in Toronto now eh, send my best regards to Jay when you back in Tioman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom