Salt Point conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorCalDM

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was wondering if anybody has done any diving around Salt Point or Fort Ross recently and what the conditions have been like? Haven't dove over there in awhile and was looking to do a couple dives at Gerstle Cove on Saturday. Thanks for any help!

I was wondering if anybody has done any diving around Salt Point or Fort Ross recently and what the conditions have been like? Haven't dove over there in awhile and was looking to do a couple dives at Gerstle Cove on Saturday. Thanks for any help!

Sorry I can't help you there as I haven't been there in over 6 months. But I can give you the link below for current & forecast surf & water conditions for a place called Secrets, but it is actually Salt Point State Park(Gerstle Cove). Hope this helps give you info on current conditions. Have fun!

Secrets Surf Report, Surf Forecast and Live Surf Webcams

Thanks for the info. I usually use the NOAA bouys but they don't have much info for the area.

A little late for this weekend but may help you next time.

National Weather Service

You can select a point along the Sonoma coast, and it gives a pretty accurate picture.

The buoys are ok, but you have guess at how much less the swell will be at the shoreline and how it will affect the coves.

Thanks for the info Bob I will use it next time. We did dive at Gerstle Cove on Saturday and it was pretty good visibility was 20-25 feet and the swell was minimal. I need to get over there more often I haven't dove up there in about two years and forgot how much I like it only one other diver on scuba!

Let me know when you head out this way again, may be we can get togather for a dive and a cold one.

Bob

Will do Bob hopefully I'll get over there again in the next month or two unless life gets in the way it's been messing with my diving a lot lately! Fish&beer thanks for the link it was spot on for Saturdays conditions.

Back
Top Bottom