Saltwater weighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cyborg Pirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all, just ordered a new Sub-Gravity Reference RS. Unfortunately I will not have time to dive it before my trip (if it arrives in time). I have never used either of my current DPV’s in saltwater. The Reference comes weighted for fresh water. So here is my question. Does anyone know what amount of weight I need to add to the Reference RS, and how much front and rear?

Such a rookie question I know. Even tho I am not a rookie. Just new to saltwater and DPV together.

this is how mine works:
add 15 ounces to the nose (big weights)
add 7 ounces to the tail (small weights)

the salinity of the salt water will make a difference. i am in Florida thus Atlantic ocean

the salinity of the salt water will make a difference. i am in Florida thus Atlantic ocean

Oops forgot that part. Diving San Carlos. Sea of Cortez

Salinity difference is irrelevant between those bodies of water. Fractional change is too small to make a difference for weighting purposes.

this is how mine works:
add 15 ounces to the nose (big weights)
add 7 ounces to the tail (small weights)

What dpv are you using? Again it will be negligible difference between different scooters unless it was say my aquaprop L compared to really big scooter like the discovery RS etc. just curious

What dpv are you using? Again it will be negligible difference between different scooters unless it was say my aquaprop L compared to really big scooter like the discovery RS etc. just curious
Reference RS of course. The weighting would be irrelevant if it was not the same scooter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom