salvo regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*:
Another thing to note is that the DR regs come with viton o-rings, whereas my salvos came with black o-rings, which I presume are bunas (vitons are better quality and considered o2-compatible unlike buna o-rings).

Color is not a reliable indicator of composition. I purchased viton O-rings from Parker and they were black. They can be produced in a large range of colors.

AquaHump:
Now before I say this. If you cut me I bleed Dive Rite. they are not the same as Dive Rite. My mentor tryed them out on a cave dive and had problems with them before they even got in the water. He related that he would not buy them. That is all the info I have.

not true, several people have the same regs.. in fact Oxycheq started selling them as well.. The actual manufacturer is the same for all..

The 1st stage Oxycheq chose to sell is the "ice" version, the only difference from the DR reg is the color... even abyss used to sell a version of the reg as well (except it had a different seat, but could be swapped with the dr version)..

with regards to all these regs you are best staying with the turreted version, the non turret version has had some creep issues.

There are 2 second stages one is balanced and one is not.. Right now Oxycheq only sells the unbalanced version, but his next shipment of regs he will have the balanced version as well..

The regs can be ordered from the factory as "nitrox" ready or not

I'm curious. Whats the name of the factory that makes all of these regulators?

I had the same issue before purchasing two sets of Salvo regs. The local tech shop had nothing but great things to say about them, so I took the chance. I have been completely satisfied with them, and I feel they breathe better/easier than my SP MK25/600.

I am very much impressed with Salvo's customer service and highly recomend any of their products, especially their regs.

Phil

Here's what someone posted on TDS:

Jordan:
I can confirm that the 2nd stages are the same (for now) and that the 1st stages are NOT the same (although close) --- these Sea Elite 1st stages are the same as Salvo's but neither are the same as Dive Rite's. The 1st stage service kits are NOT the same, either -- the diaphragm is different and they are not interchangeable. This different diaphragm is why the Dive Rite's RG1208 supply a stable IP at high supply pressures and is why the other 2 don't

I think he's a dive-rite representative. His profile reads "Dive Rite bullpen manager" as occupation. He's talking about the Sea-elite Tek X and Salvo SR2's. I don't know anything about the Oxycheqs.

let me relate my experience -

i bought sr1 firsts and whatever the name of the seconds are in about april. (ok, the thurs before barry 'went away' on monday...) anyway, the firsts wouldn't hold against a cave fill. they would lose gas out the seconds, the spg swivel, etc, so hard that they would chatter like one of those water-jet type sprinklers, until the pressure was about 3k and then be fine.

i thought the problem was probably the firsts, but i think i was one of the first to tell dwain & he wasn't sure what was going on. plus i was very truthful about having no experience whatsoever with regs. he replaced, but with more sr1s.

about 6 weeks later, i had continued to have problems, was back in the neighborhood, & took them back again. this time he'd seen some others have similar difficulties & was pretty sure it was a bad batch of springs. he traded them up to sr2s.

i would of course been happy with a fix or a replacement with ones with proper springs, and was more than satisfied with the upgrade for the trouble of bringing them back several times.

i really like them. ok, except for the orange part. i wish there was a color choice. i, of course, would choose pink. :D

BabyDuck:
let me relate my experience -

i bought sr1 firsts and whatever the name of the seconds are in about april. (ok, the thurs before barry 'went away' on monday...) anyway, the firsts wouldn't hold against a cave fill. they would lose gas out the seconds, the spg swivel, etc, so hard that they would chatter like one of those water-jet type sprinklers, until the pressure was about 3k and then be fine.

i thought the problem was probably the firsts, but i think i was one of the first to tell dwain & he wasn't sure what was going on. plus i was very truthful about having no experience whatsoever with regs. he replaced, but with more sr1s.

about 6 weeks later, i had continued to have problems, was back in the neighborhood, & took them back again. this time he'd seen some others have similar difficulties & was pretty sure it was a bad batch of springs. he traded them up to sr2s.

i would of course been happy with a fix or a replacement with ones with proper springs, and was more than satisfied with the upgrade for the trouble of bringing them back several times.

i really like them. ok, except for the orange part. i wish there was a color choice. i, of course, would choose pink. :D

The SR1s and all the non swivel versions have a an ip creep at higher pressures, the swivel versions do not and are stable..

hmm. you'd think they'd know that in cave country...at least i have the stable ones now.

mine wasn't a creep, though. more like a sprint! :)

BabyDuck:
mine wasn't a creep, though. more like a sprint! :)

Interesting. While setting up I had one instance where both regs were doing this. I couldn't for the life of me get them to stop flowing. It was more than a creep, but much less than a free flo. The only difference is that I had a nice 4300 psi fill that day. This is the only time in 7 months that they had done this, and the only time I have had a fill that high.

I have two of the SR1's. Is this worth a call to Barry?

Phil

millphils:
Interesting. While setting up I had one instance where both regs were doing this. I couldn't for the life of me get them to stop flowing. It was more than a creep, but much less than a free flo. The only difference is that I had a nice 4300 psi fill that day. This is the only time in 7 months that they had done this, and the only time I have had a fill that high.

I have two of the SR1's. Is this worth a call to Barry?

Phil

if the ip creeps above the cracking pressure you will get a constant bleed from the regs.. put an ip guage on your reg and check it a various fill pressures, its stable up to a point then the ip starts to climb.. once it gets past the cracking pressure the ip will stabilize because gas is bleeding out.. all the regs I have seen based on this design have problems not much more than 3000 psi.. the only way around this is to detune the second a bit to extend the range at which the reg works without bleeding gas but its not a real solution..

Back
Top Bottom