San Cristobal Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrandonM

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My friend and I are doing a last minute regular old Galapagos cruise in March and we have two free days in San Cristobal after. We'd like to get in some day trip dives, but we are having a hard time finding a dive shop to coordinate any.

Unfortunately, GalaKiwi is busy with multi-day trips on the days we'll be there and can't help us.

We can't seem to locate any other dive shops. Tim from Galakiwi mentioned Wreck Bay Dive Center (which I haven't been able to find anything about) and Chalo Tours (which I'm going to call).

Does anyone know anything about day trip dives/shore dives on San Cristobal?

I'm a total beginner, by the way--20 dives. My friend has over 100.

I just came back from diving in San Cristobal. I am also a beginner. We went with Wreck Bay Dive Center, Divemasters Chi (SP?) and Angel. It was a great experience. The dive center was chosen by a local contact on the island. I'm not sure if our trip was typical or if it was customized for us. We brought 3mm wetsuits and rented everything else.

All of our dives were boat dives. We had a dive in the bay near the Darwin statue; you may be able to go from shore. We went out to Kicker Rock and had some great dives.

I am sure you will have a GREAT time!!

Dori

Hi folks! Just thought I'd let you know about another option for land-based diving from San Cristobal Island.
Tranquilo Divers is a small dive operation recently started by a native of the island who has been working in diving and marine conservation internationally, most recently in Bali and Raja Ampat. He has returned to San Cristobal, Galapagos, with the aim to share with others the wonders of the underwater world he calls home. The operation itself is fairly new, but is backed up by an incredible team with a lot of experience, and currently offers complete land-based diving and tour packages as an alternative to the liveaboard model. Tranquilo Divers can also organize day diving trips to other islands, such as Espanola or Floreana, from your base at San Cristobal as well. One of the most amazing dive sites in the Galapagos Islands is Kicker Rock (schools of Galapagos sharks, silkies, eagle rays and of course, hammerhead sharks!), and it is only half an hour from the Port at San Cristobal - check it out with Tranquilo Divers! www.tranquilodivers.com

Back
Top Bottom