San Diego 9-10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HEFFAY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Everybody,

Some friends and I will be in San Diego the weekend of the 9th and 10th and want to find some good diving. We're all pretty intermediate level divers and would prefer a nice boat over shore diving. The girlfriend really wants to see Sea Lions, so would the Coronado Islands be a good start?

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Here is link to the SoCal dive boat schedules. California Dive Boats : The Official Page

You can also check out Dive Connections Scuba Diving San Diego - Dive Boats - Scuba Tours - Daily Boat Dives - Dive Connections Inc. San Diego CA Home Page

Los Coronados are your best bet for sea lions if they dive Middle Grounds, dive locations vary depending on conditions.

The Yukon is an great dive: this article was written 6 years ago and it's only gotten better http://www.divebums.com/DiveSites/Willey/Yukon.pdf

Don't discount our shore dives. If the surf isn't up, entry at La Jolla Cove and La Jolla Shores are pretty easy. The Cove has Garibaldi, Kelp Bass, Lobster, an occasional moray, and if your luck you might see some of the resident Black Sea Bass. The Shores is popular with people who like to photograph slugs.

Thanks for the links!

Does anybody know if Dive Bliss is still operating? Their number seems to be disconnected, or just not working.

I'm sure that we'll end up doing some La Jolla shore dives on Monday morning before heading back to the AZ desert :D

Dive Bliss is out of business.

My favorite boat is the Lois Ann.

Coronados is a fun dive, even more with the sea lions
The Lois Ann is a good boat, and I like the first rate crew on the Marissa

I'm actually going to be diving out in SD after my business trip. Taking the Lois Ann out to Coronados on Friday, August 8th, 6:30am - 5:00pm for 3 tank dive at $95. Nitrox are $8 per fill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom