"San Diego divers menaced by jumbo squid"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
As a headline on the BBC News, that is pretty hard to beat:

BBC NEWS | Americas | San Diego divers menaced by jumbo squid

How much truth is there in the story?

Roger Uzun, a member here on SB, has posted his video on Vimeo and YouTube. Go up the the Underwater Video Forum for the links. :D From what he says, the squid were just curious, though they were bumping people pretty hard at times. His video is :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2: :D

I am absolutely amazed this story is getting as much press as it is. I wish they'd give the same level of coverage to issues like overfishing, the great garbage patch, etc. Most of the reports have made this such a sensational story it may frighten new divers away.

I am absolutely amazed this story is getting as much press as it is. I wish they'd give the same level of coverage to issues like overfishing, the great garbage patch, etc. Most of the reports have made this such a sensational story it may frighten new divers away.

You have to remember the broadcast new media mantra: If it bleeds, it leads.

Stories like this generate widespread interest because it has two essential elements, great video footage and the fear factor, so on air it goes.

Menace.. ha! I'm going down there tomorrow to menace THEM!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom