San Diego / Southern Cal diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimdiverman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to be running a project in the San Diego area for the foreseeable future. I will be spending some weekends in the area and I am interested to find out where some diving spots are from some locals. I am mainly interested in technical diving, but I may also just like to get wet at times too. I have an 8/7 mil wetsuit to handle the cold.

Please let me know of any spots or anyone that may need a buddy for some upcoming dives in the area.

Thanks.

I am going to be running a project in the San Diego area for the foreseeable future. I will be spending some weekends in the area and I am interested to find out where some diving spots are from some locals. I am mainly interested in technical diving, but I may also just like to get wet at times too. I have an 8/7 mil wetsuit to handle the cold.

Please let me know of any spots or anyone that may need a buddy for some upcoming dives in the area.

Thanks.

There are tons of spots in San Diego and LA area.
Plenty of wrecks (recreational levels: Yukon, Ruby/E, El Ray are all in San Diego)
- P-38, Hogan, Missile Tower and others in tech depths.

Boats for San Diego: the Lois Anne is popular, and you can check most boats on California Dive Boats : The Official Page

LA area also a lot of wrecks, some rec, some tech and some deep reefs.

unless you are using double AL80's, an 8/7 mm wetsuit isn't the best choice of suit for tech diving, much better a drysuit but YMMV.

There are tons of spots in San Diego and LA area.
Plenty of wrecks (recreational levels: Yukon, Ruby/E, El Ray are all in San Diego)
- P-38, Hogan, Missile Tower and others in tech depths.

Boats for San Diego: the Lois Anne is popular, and you can check most boats on California Dive Boats : The Official Page

LA area also a lot of wrecks, some rec, some tech and some deep reefs.

unless you are using double AL80's, an 8/7 mm wetsuit isn't the best choice of suit for tech diving, much better a drysuit but YMMV.

Well now may be the time to go to a drysuit. I am scheduled to go to Point Pleasant for Advanced Wreck training in June, and the water is supposed to be 48 degrees. I used the 8/7 in cave country, and it was nice and toasty.

Thanks for the diving info. Maybe I can catch up with some locals and they can show me around sometime.

Hi Jimdiverman,
Another board member (jimmiebobby, aka Brett) and myself will be aboard the Lois Ann on the morning of 3-22. San Diego Scuba Diving,San Diego Dive Boats,Lois Ann Dive Charters Home Page,San Diego California,san diego scuba diving boats,san diego boat dives,san diego scuba diving,san diego scuba diving charters,scuba diving san diego california
It's not very technical, but good diving none the less. Pleses feel free to make your reservations and come out & introduce yourself.

Kevin

Hi Jimdiverman,
Another board member (jimmiebobby, aka Brett) and myself will be aboard the Lois Ann on the morning of 3-22. San Diego Scuba Diving,San Diego Dive Boats,Lois Ann Dive Charters Home Page,San Diego California,san diego scuba diving boats,san diego boat dives,san diego scuba diving,san diego scuba diving charters,scuba diving san diego california
It's not very technical, but good diving none the less. Pleses feel free to make your reservations and come out & introduce yourself.

Kevin

That's a family weekend (Easter). I'll be home in Louisiana, but I'll take a raincheck.

I'm considering the same boat on the 30th if you're intereseted.

Here is a link to local dive shops, although some of them may be out of date:
Divebums - A San Diego Dive Website

Ocean enterprises is the big dog, but others are also good, Aqua Tech and Diving Locker are the ones I deal with the most.

Also check out the Wrinkles dive schedule 2008 Schedule for monthly Wrinkles Beach Dives - The Dive Matrix Forums it's a good way to meet local divers.

Diving the local wrecks, especially the Yukon, is probably the most popular tech dive.

Lobster season opens October 1st this year.

Here is a link to local dive shops, although some of them may be out of date:
Divebums - A San Diego Dive Website

Ocean enterprises is the big dog, but others are also good, Aqua Tech and Diving Locker are the ones I deal with the most.

Also check out the Wrinkles dive schedule 2008 Schedule for monthly Wrinkles Beach Dives - The Dive Matrix Forums it's a good way to meet local divers.

Diving the local wrecks, especially the Yukon, is probably the most popular tech dive.

Lobster season opens October 1st this year.
Actually the lobster opener this year will be Sept 27.

There is a dive shop in Costa Mesa, CA called Liburdi's SCUBA. They are very tech friendly and have all the toys. I don't live down there but I stopped in once to talk wreck diving.

Liburdi Online Scuba Store offering a full line of name brand equipment

I hang with Sea Ventures in Fullerton, CA. it's a no frills dive shop that provides the basic for a lot less than any of the other local shops. There is an associated club http://www.seaventuresdiveclub.org that has a monthly calander of dives in So. Cal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom