San Marcos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCRNA

Reaction score
I'm eager to take the Scientific Diving Course in San Marcos. I live there and dive the San Marcos River. The hydrilla is taking over the river so much that it's almost no fun diving there anymore. Spring Lake where the course takes place is known to be very good diving. I just had shoulder surgery and am out of diving for a few months so now I'll just save up the $200 and take the course ASAP.

Then my agenda is Nitrox, Rescue, and then the Flower Gardens.

Happy Diving,

ScubaCRNA:
I'm eager to take the Scientific Diving Course in San Marcos. I live there and dive the San Marcos River. The hydrilla is taking over the river so much that it's almost no fun diving there anymore. Spring Lake where the course takes place is known to be very good diving. I just had shoulder surgery and am out of diving for a few months so now I'll just save up the $200 and take the course ASAP.

Then my agenda is Nitrox, Rescue, and then the Flower Gardens.

Happy Diving,

You didn't ask but here is a little info on the current schedule.
http://www.continuing-ed.swt.edu/aquarena/diving.html
Have fun

I'm still diving Aquarena the odd weekday afternoon. It'd be great if you can join in as that is the cleanest time by far. Often I have the Lake to myself.

My last year was a little light - Spring had a class that was way to intense at TX State, then I rolled into DMing a bunch in Lake Travis and my ITC - - End result - I've only been in Aquarena twice this summer.

Keep me in mind when you qualify - I might even be helping with the class!

I was told that once you're certified you can only dive Aquarena Springs whenever they request you to. Is that your experience?

tauchmieze:
I was told that once you're certified you can only dive Aquarena Springs whenever they request you to. Is that your experience?

The way it works for me [ and I believe this is the standard routine ]
1) I decide when I want to dive Aquarena [and hopefully my buddy agrees!]
2) Phone or Email Brigett with your plans - this should be 72 hours in advance, although I've gotten lucky before.
3) She will reply with Permission and instruction/suggestions as to what needs to be done and who will be the Person In Charge.
4) You arrive, check in, sign logs - - - and off to work a little & have a good time!

Hope this helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom