Sandals Bahamas diving trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sevenmeadowsdiver

Registered
Reaction score
I just got back from 5 days at sandals and got in 6 dives.My review is better than what most have said.I had only 6 dives going and got 6 more.The Dm were great for me underwater and very nice.The first dive would be about 60-80 ft usually a wreck or wall for about 30 min.The second dive was always a reef for about 45-50 min.here is no xtra charge at sandals even for the equipment.Most divers brought there own msak and fins and used there BC and reg.On two of the three days we were parked right by staurts cove so no reason to pay extra.If anyone has any questions about sandals let me know.one thing about sandals though is dont book the low end rooms.

I am heading to the Sandals Bahamas Resort mid January 09. I am new to diving and just got certified about 2 months ago and have never actually been on a regular dive. Because I am so excited about diving I am going to get some equipment for Christmas right before my trip. I plan on getting a reg and maybe BC. I do not own a wetsuit and was wondering if you knew how much they charge to rent one. Also my girlfriend didnÃÕ make it through the class as she is a heavy nose breather, where there other people that were going solo? Its my understanding they will just match you up with someone. Also I was wondering how hard it was to sign up for the dives. I tried to before hand but they said you could only sign up once you get there. Any recommendations on locations? Regarding your last comment, I am young, 25, and booked the low end room due to financial reasons. Just about every negative thing I read about sandals came from their rooms. Judging by what I have read, I hope I am not spending to much time there.

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for the info

Its cheap to rent a wet suit like $5 a day.No problem if you have no buddy tell them how new you are and the will let you dive with one of the dive masters.The minute you get there and get checked in go straight to the dive shop if its before 4pm.If its later be ther by like 7am and sign up for everyday even if your not sure about diving everyday.Also book your resturants as soon as you get there and eat the buffett whenever possible its really good.

If purchasing gear beyond mask, fins, and snorkel, I suggest next buying a wetsuit. They are relatively inexpensive, you know it will fit (so will be warmer), and know one else will have pee'd in it.

The Bahamas are further north than the Caribbean islands so in the winter the water can run a little colder.

When I book diving guests into the all-inclusive resorts with scuba included I email the resort ahead of time and tell them the guest is arriving to late to sign up for the first morning's dive, and usually I can get them on the roster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom