Sandals Grande St. Lucian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Goat Show

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody dive in St. Lucia with Sandals at the Grande St. Lucian resort?
Does the resort have Nitrox available?
Anybody take the AOW with them?
Any general advice for someone who will be going on a honeymoon there?
Thanks

Was there last sept. Don't expect anything advanced. No nitrox, and dives wouldn't require it. It will be rare to have anything other than resort course divers and inexperienced divers on the boat. I pulled my backplate out of my bag and all the staff looked at me as if I was an alien. If you want more advanced diving go down to the town that has "chastanet" for it's last name. I believe it could be Anse Chastanet. Had a killer time in SL though. Do some of the booze cruises of sunset cruises, they are a pretty good time.

Dove with Sandals St Lucia last year, as deadend said no Nitrox or a need for it with the dives they take you to. Also almost every run did have some novice divers on the boat. Still a fun time though. One thing I will say when diving with them, do the 2 tank dive not the 1 tank dive. On the 1 tank dives they stay close to the resort. On the 2 tank they go farther south to the better dive sites.

Did my first ever dives there, the "resort course".
Been hooked ever since.
All the previous posts are on the money so I won't repeat.
Have a great time!

Also, do some local stuff and try some of the food around the island. Don't be afraid to get outside the resort. Also, sometimes the dive boats may go to Halcyon and The Golf Resort to pick up other divers so plan for a slightly longer trip out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom