Sandyport Dive Ops, Nassau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RV

Contributor
Reaction score
are there any dive ops near Sandyport? that might pick up on the Sandyport pier/dock?

thanks in advance for any info..

Stuart Coves pickup/drop off with their shuttle bus there...that's probably your only option (probably the only option on the island !)

thanks.. I was just looking at their site..
I wonder if anyone does DPV training there...

Cove's has got the personel, but no working DPV's. They have let them deteriorate unmaintained due to a lack of client interest and dangerous client ascent/descents. (dangerous descents being the uncontrolled ones over the nearby wall................)

I'm reasonably certain Bahama divers has no interest.

Custom aquatics might do it though but are more expensive.

thanks everyone

Stuart Coves will pick you up at the the condo developement or wherever your pre-arranged place will be. They don't charge anything for the delivery service, but some folks do tip the drivers. The good news for you is that if you go with Cove's, from Sandyport you will be one of the last pickup's and one of the first drop offs. (Translation:Less time in a crowded bus both coming and going to dive shop) We have used Cove's the last 2 summers and while they do have a very large dive op it is very, very well run and efficient. To make arrangements for pick ups you just give them a call the evening before, or in the morning if it is for an afternoon dive.Yes there are tons of divers, but they also have lots of boats and staff. It was never uncomfortably crowded.

thanks, that's good to know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom