Santi E.Lite+ or Waterproof D7X Cordura

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hot2cold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've narrowed my choice of drysuit to these two. Unfortunately most "reviews" I can find sound more like advertisements. Does anyone have any thoughts on how they compare to each other for 4 to 16 degree water?

Santi will cost about 2600 euro and the Waterproof is 2200.

The regional wholesaler for Santi is 10 minutes away, (factory is in Poland) and they were amazing about measuring and letting me try on the suits to get the correct size and what needs to be adjusted.

The Waterproof head office is about 15 minutes from me, but their factory is in China so I don't know how useful it will be.

Thanks for the input.

I have a D7X Nylotech that I've been diving for 2½ years now.
I have been pretty pleased with it but in hindsight I do not think it is worth the price (I had zero clue about drysuits when I bought it).
The thing that's been bothering me the most is the placement of the dump valve, it is positioned pretty poorly IMO because of the fact a seam runs right where it is supposed to be.
It makes dumping pretty awkward at times, I know a few people who also have the D7X that have resorted to literally pushing the dump valve down with their fist in order to dump gas.

I never felt that the suit restricted my movement in any way, I could do valve drills without troubles and all was great.
Then I tried a Santi E.Lite+ and suddenly I could reach around my body 5 times over and scratch my arse, the difference I felt in mobility was enough for me to order a Santi right away.

I'm not saying the D7X is a bad suit, I've really enjoyed mine but I do feel it is very overpriced, looking back now I would probably have gone with an Ursuit or Seaskin for a 30-40% lower price and still have gotten a suit that was just as nice.
One thing I REALLY love and will sorely miss about my D7X is the Ultima ring system, it has been absolutely fool proof and it is the only reason I am keeping my D7X as a backup suit, it really is a top notch ring system and it has never faulted me ever.

Back
Top Bottom