Sanyo and Epoque

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil,

can you help me please. i am using the hd1010 and epique housing having no probs with the housing but the quality of my video (no not my shooting the color) is terrible. when i do use the color correctio filter everything turns green, when there is good light and no particulate in the water it is average but and clouds or merk of any kind its like shooting at night no color....i dont know what to do please help. i also dive the PI and it kills me that all those beautiful colors are getting lost......

Phil,

can you help me please. i am using the hd1010 and epique housing having no probs with the housing but the quality of my video (no not my shooting the color) is terrible. when i do use the color correctio filter everything turns green, when there is good light and no particulate in the water it is average but and clouds or merk of any kind its like shooting at night no color....i dont know what to do please help. i also dive the PI and it kills me that all those beautiful colors are getting lost......

I have found that shooting a manual white balance at depth provides the best color correction when I am not using lights. I dive with white APS Mantaray fins, so I never have to worry about shooting a white balance :wink:

Other than that - some good lights can also make a big difference up close.

Feel free to take a look at my videos on youtube and you should be able to see what I mean.

Good luck!

diver carl,

I am no real expert on this but basically for me to take a very nice video:

1. Use manual white balance every time I shoot something. If its macro, I normally keep the same distance of my white balance to actual subject I am shooting. Eg. If what I am shooting is 30 cm away, I do a manual white balance with my slate 30 cm away.

2. I do not use any filters for the waters off Philippines. I do like the manual white balance of my video camera without any filters.

3. For shooting something further away, I use my Fisheye LED1000DX. It's 1,000 lumens of light which my video loves. Depending on the distance of my subject, I adjust my light settings (variable intensity). Also I always do a manual white balance everytime I shoot.

I really think its how you are conducting your manual white balance. But basically if there is not enough light, you will have to provide it artificially. If not, no colors.

Hope this helps.

Phil,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom