Sarasota area charters.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be in the Sarasota area from Dec 24 to Jan 2 when I got over to WPB for a few days. What are you looking to do? Shark tooth dive, photography, spearfish etc? I dove there last year this time, and have done some research into different operations. If you are looking for a dive buddy let me know.

I can't recommend anything directly in Sarasota (for lack of experience) but a short distance north of Sarasota is Bradenton. In Bradenton, you'll find Sea Kat charters: 105 7th St N, Bradenton Beach, FL 34217 Phone: (941) 779-0100

I had a good dive with them a few years ago.

Also, if you didn't already know, there is some diving a little south of Sarasota at Venice Beach. Aquanutz charters (and several other good charter boats) are there. There is a decent free shore dive just north of the Venice pier at "Service Club Park." The Venice diving is murky and all about collecting megalodon tooth fossils. There are lots of fossilized shark teeth from other species to be found as well. I've done the service club shore dive many times.

I will be in the Sarasota area from Dec 24 to Jan 2 when I got over to WPB for a few days. What are you looking to do? Shark tooth dive, photography, spearfish etc? I dove there last year this time, and have done some research into different operations. If you are looking for a dive buddy let me know.
I don’t have any strong feelings as to what I want to do. Im exploring my options and open to ideas. Aside from lion fish I’m not a hunter. I’ll be there pretty much the same time, but not 100% I’ll be diving. I’m going to be in the keys before and trying to dive there so may not have the freedom for more. But then again weather earlier in the week may not be good so Sarasota may be my only shot. I’m the only diver in my traveling party so would love to buddy up if the timing works out.

I can't recommend anything directly in Sarasota (for lack of experience) but a short distance north of Sarasota is Bradenton. In Bradenton, you'll find Sea Kat charters: 105 7th St N, Bradenton Beach, FL 34217 Phone: (941) 779-0100

I had a good dive with them a few years ago.

Also, if you didn't already know, there is some diving a little south of Sarasota at Venice Beach. Aquanutz charters (and several other good charter boats) are there. There is a decent free shore dive just north of the Venice pier at "Service Club Park." The Venice diving is murky and all about collecting megalodon tooth fossils. There are lots of fossilized shark teeth from other species to be found as well. I've done the service club shore dive many times.

Thanks for the info.

I don’t have any strong feelings as to what I want to do. Im exploring my options and open to ideas. Aside from lion fish I’m not a hunter. I’ll be there pretty much the same time, but not 100% I’ll be diving. I’m going to be in the keys before and trying to dive there so may not have the freedom for more. But then again weather earlier in the week may not be good so Sarasota may be my only shot. I’m the only diver in my traveling party so would love to buddy up if the timing works out.

Sounds good, I did my check out dives with Sea Kat a few years back nice guy. Dive Charter, Spearfishing Charter, Eco Tours is also in the area was going to see if they were going to do a lionfish charter (have a voicemail in). Born Blue Scuba Diving Charters, Inc. - Home so far is planning on doing a charter on new years day going to touch base again closer to the date. https://www.floridaunderwatersports.com will also be running charters most days they said. I have not contacted Home I did dive with them last year and the captain and dive master were really nice too. I will pm you my info I am hoping to get in the water as much as I can. Then there is also the 4 Venice shark teeth boats.

I’m looking for any info on charters in the Sarasota area. I’ll be there at the end of the year and have never dove that far south in the Gulf.
Thanks in advance.

I will be in Englewood at the same time (until 31st), if anyone is interested in buddying up. I will be doing some shore dives in and around Manasota Beach and maybe up around Caspersen Beach also. I dove the Venice area a few dozen times and love looking for fossils and teeth.

I've dove with Aquanutz (Capt. Mike) & Aristakat (Capt. Jamie) and both are great operations in the Venice area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom