Saturday Sept. 6 Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm.

Well all the swell models are showing a swells comin' outta the south making the best looking places being Palos Verdes area or Santa Barbara area. Providing I'm reading this right lol.

Well I sure as heck ain't driving all the way to SB to dive. I only know Vets, Malaga, and White Point in the PV/Redondo area.

All 3 of them I'm kinda even about, Vet's is easy, but just sand and fingeheads :) , Malaga has nice structure and kelp plus free parking, but the hill from hell to climb, and White Pt. I barely remember except all the damn rocks that stay shallow for a long time making you slip and slide on em forever till ya get deep enough to swim....

Any suggestions?

Edit: Of course Vet's is dead center of the 1' swell height zone for Sat's forecast making it the calmest forecast area in the region it looks like. Man much as I'm burnt out on Vets it almost looks the best.

Hey Nick

I'm trying to find out who is diving Jade Cove on Sunday but if that falls through and the your interested on Santa Barbara area I'm in.

Yeah I don't think I could do SB area.

2 1/2 to 3 hour drive for me each way, otherwise I'd say heck yeah but 5-6 hours total on the FWY is a bit much. Love to dive that area but I think I'd have to make a weekend of it to make it worth the drive.

I'm trying to get over a cold right now, but am hoping to be good to make a dive this weekend. Of the three you've mentioned, I've done Vet's and White Point....Vet's is simple and not necessarily the most interesting during the day, and White Point's entry/exit is a bit of a pain because of the large and loose rocks that seem to extend forever...

That said, keep me in the loop as I'd definitely be interested in making a dive or more. Hubby would be coming along as well.

Yeah I don't think I could do SB area.

2 1/2 to 3 hour drive for me each way, otherwise I'd say heck yeah but 5-6 hours total on the FWY is a bit much. Love to dive that area but I think I'd have to make a weekend of it to make it worth the drive.

Yea, I understand the distance issue. Maybe one day we can dive camp and dive weekend. I heard rumors of such an event, it would be fun to have a BC's camp and dive weekend somewhere.

I might be in.

I love that free parking is still a deciding factor in what people do these days with gas costing about $2,372.55/gallon.

I'll dive anywhere that is near a bus stop!

I'm going to have to pass on this one, messed up the leg last night.

All 3 of them I'm kinda even about, Vet's is easy, but just sand and fingeheads :) , Malaga has nice structure and kelp plus free parking, but the hill from hell to climb, and White Pt. I barely remember except all the damn rocks that stay shallow for a long time making you slip and slide on em forever till ya get deep enough to swim....

Malaga is also rocky. It helps to have a dolly to bring your tank and weights up and down that hill. Let me know if you choose that spot. I might be able to join you.

Gerry

Back
Top Bottom