Save a dive kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm slowly building my gear and just recently bought a ScubaPro Glide Pro BC with their Air 2 alternate built in.

It didn't take long to figure out that the size of the quick-disconnect for the ScubaPro is larger than the standard BC inflator quick-disconnect. (My buddie's Zeagle with integrated alternate was the same as mine.) The dive shop solved this by selling me a $16 adapter that I will be able to use to attach their rental reg set(standard) to my BC.

For now it stays on my BC, but once I get my own reg set (soon) I will be keeping this little gem in my kit as it may just save a trip if I get stuck using other gear.

I'm slowly building my gear and just recently bought a ScubaPro Glide Pro BC with their Air 2 alternate built in.

It didn't take long to figure out that the size of the quick-disconnect for the ScubaPro is larger than the standard BC inflator quick-disconnect.
I have a Scubapro hose if you are interested in owning it. Came with a reg I bought. Looks to be in great condition.

One thing I see people recommending that I personally don't is the adjustable wrench. It WILL rust up and become useless on you, probably at the one time where you really need it. If you don't trust one of the many scuba multi-tools, then bring along a set of proper wrenches.

I also bring Hex Keys in multiple sizes, o-rings in multiple sizes, a spare OPV, some mouthpieces, zip-ties, cave line, and various other little bits and pieces. I also dive with a spare mask in one of my pockets, does that count as Save A Dive??

Peace,
Greg

I have 2 save-a-dive kits.

The smaller kit fits in a baggy and contains what I absolutely need (adjustable wrench, zip ties, hex key, o-rings, computer battery and a port plug). This is for dive travel and I work on the assumption that there is probably a backup from fellow divers and/or boat if my 1st line of defense fails.

The second kit fits in a plastic tool box and is for local dives. Weight is not an issue, so it is everything but the kitchen sink approach including first aid kit.

I have a Scubapro hose if you are interested in owning it. Came with a reg I bought. Looks to be in great condition.

Mine came with the hose, I just don't have a reg set to attach it to yet. :depressed:

My issue was just getting the standard size BC inflator hose on the rental reg set to fit to my BC without having to take things apart.

Thanks for the offer though!

now that I have my xs scuba multi tool what's next in my list of save a dive kit... any suggestions?

I purchased a save a dive tool kit that has most of all that everyone has mentioned. Ir comes in a zippered pouch and includes 2 Scuba wrenches, a crescent wrench, Phillips head and flat head screw drivers, 8 piece hex wrench set, needle nose pliers, o-ring tool, 8 tie wraps, 1/4 oz jar silicone grease and a 10 piece o-ring kit.

So far the o ring pick has saved my buddy. :).

CONCEPT DIVERS DELUXE TOOL KIT

Last edited:
I'm always adding new stuff to the kit. But you can never beat a bottle o' Jack Daniels. If all else fails,you have a great time as a bubble watcher. :D

i am in dire need of that hose so i can quit switching hoses on my regs. how much please?

People have listed a lot of good and useful things, but I'll add a few.

We try to carry things you're likely to (or your buddy is likely to) forget -- a set of wetgloves in size large (too big is better than nothing at all), and a spare hood. We also bring things that other people break -- fin and mask straps. It's really annoying to get to the site and discover that, although YOU have everything you need, your buddy doesn't . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom