Scallop dive on Splash this saturday 4/18-divers needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lursxt

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Guys,
I've booked splash (Boston Harbor Diving Company) this saturday for a scallop and diver's choice dives. However, there are only two divers booked so far including myself. Capt. Jim will cancel the dive if there aren't a minimum of 4 divers. If anyone is interested please let myself or Capt. Jim know. I'm hungry for diver picked scallops! :)

I'd love to, but the dumptrucks just started dropping off my new yard this morning, and I've got a lot of work to do... as well as a lot of gear maintainance to catch up on. All my tanks need vis, I blew a wrist seal, my drysuit inflator isn't working, and I should probably get my regs serviced... it's been a few years.

I'd love to, but the dumptrucks just started dropping off my new yard this morning, and I've got a lot of work to do... as well as a lot of gear maintainance to catch up on. All my tanks need vis, I blew a wrist seal, my drysuit inflator isn't working, and I should probably get my regs serviced... it's been a few years.

That and I bet he still has some scallops left from our scallop dive on the 4th. If I were closer I would jump on it in a heart beat! good luck getting the trip filled. For anyone thinking about it, JUMP on this opportunity to get on a great dive and a great dive boat!!!

Yeah. I'm surprised that others have not signed up. The weather is not going to be as nice as today, but still not bad. Harvesting scallops is really easy compared to bug hunting too!

Not to hijack your thread or anything but do you all cook your scallops like this?
Had these beauties with a couple of rib eyes.
I didn't dive for them but they were nice and fresh and tasty.:eyebrow:

supper.jpg

So how did you make out? Was there enough divers to go ? If you went what's the water temp?

We did do the dives. The first was a typical boston harbor scallop dive. About 1ft of Viz, crawling along the bottom looking for scallops. Everyone bagged up so it was great. Water temps were 43 degrees according to my computer. About 5 degrees higher than cape ann. Second dive was a wreck dive on the Kiowa. Viz was a little better. There was some current making it a little tricky to stay on the wreck. Nice sealife though. A good trip with a good crew!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom