Scallop dive report 7/1/2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decapoddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had a great trip with a friend yesterday on the North Shore. We were able to locate where they had gone from last year thanks to the cabled underwater camera. We easily filled 3 bags each on the first dive and then got very picky for the second dive. We found a rocky area that we had never seen before right in the middle of the beds and there were lots of lobsters. Ended up with 4 which was a wonderful bonus considering neither of us had a tickle stick. Water was 48° at depth of 55'. Visibility was close to 15' until we started harvesting. The trip was fantastic until we had to shuck all of them. Once our short term memory fades, we might go do it again
. IMG_0475.jpgIMG950477.jpgIMG_0473.jpg

Hey!!!!! You didn't include the numbers! What is WRONG with you? How are we supposed to find your spot if you don't include the numbers in your post? How many times have we talked about this?

Here you go!
My dive buddy: "We need to make sure to always take pictures with the sea behind us so nobody can figure out where we are"
Me: "I always do"

Attachments

• MjAxMy0wNjE3MTEzMjU5MjUyMzM2.png
    MjAxMy0wNjE3MTEzMjU5MjUyMzM2.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 185
40°29′30″n 69°51′0″w / 40.49167°n 69.85000°w

Reactions: Tug
40.49167°n 69.85000°w

Thanks for the numbers macado. I'm gonna kayak there right now and try to find some scallops on a breath hold!

40.49167°n 69.85000°w

Thanks for the numbers macado. I'm gonna kayak there right now and try to find some scallops on a breath hold!

Don't bother... looks like decapoddiver got them all!

We left lots behind for next time. Good luck if you go. By the way, feel free to dive those numbers since I'm not even sure those are in the U.S. :)

We left lots behind for next time. Good luck if you go. By the way, feel free to dive those numbers since I'm not even sure those are in the U.S. :)

I believe the coordinates are in 160' of water... and there's a little boat there too. Not sure about scallops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom