School me on what I need to shoot and edit tourist Video in tropical water, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if the OP is still researching, but here is a link to a discussion over on Wetpixel about manual white balance. Pretty good info with pictures showing the differences between AWB, MWB and different MWB references.

Manual WB, is it really necessary? - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums

Biggest decision on MWB is not if it makes a difference. It's if you are willing to pay for the housing/camcorder that let you easily access it underwater.

Thanks Ron, that's a very convincing comparison, I'll really have to make the effort, as I'm heading up to Townsville for 3 days on the great barrier reef, I'll have to figure out a method that works for me.

Not sure if the OP is still researching, but here is a link to a discussion over on Wetpixel about manual white balance. Pretty good info with pictures showing the differences between AWB, MWB and different MWB references.

Manual WB, is it really necessary? - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums

Biggest decision on MWB is not if it makes a difference. It's if you are willing to pay for the housing/camcorder that let you easily access it underwater.

Yes I am very much still researching. (I am heading out to Micronesia soon to scout out stuff for my dive operation, so I have not checked in til today.)

Thanks for that link. I am convinced: I need MWB. Especially sinceI plan on using the videos to sell the operation. Now it is a question of how to make it work, what with being out in the middle of nowhere. I imagine I need to see what cameras are for sale out there, if any. I may have to count on going to Japan to replace the camera if I need to. Or better yet, have two cameras so one flood will not put out of commision.

Does anyone know of any worldwide camera flood insurance?

Back
Top Bottom