Schooner X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrox Junkie once bubbled...
We have dove the Osborne up in lake Superior that is the same depth but it does not have the masts standing and rigging like the St James does. We have been planning to go but have not yet made it happen. I agree lets go..

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

What depths are SchoonerX and St. James? Only two "deep" wrecks I've done in that area are J. Boland and Dean Richmond, but I'd like to get back up that way.

wb

cwb once bubbled...

What depths are SchoonerX and St. James? Only two "deep" wrecks I've done in that area are J. Boland and Dean Richmond, but I'd like to get back up that way.

wb

Most off the deeper wrecks off of long point are 165ffw and deeper the St. james ( Mystery schooner "X") is in 165 feet of water and the deck is at 145 to 150 !! 170 in the mud for the rudder.

Len

So Schooner X has been identified as St. James?

I was confused :)

WW

cwb once bubbled...

wb

CWB

The St James is the Schooner X. I believe it is 165' but some who have posted here might be able to give an exact depth since they have dove it before.

Now there has been a bit of confusion surrounding this ship. There are actually two ships known as Schooner X. The second or first, however you look at it is over in Lake Michigan. It is in just over 300' of water. http://my.execpc.com/~bbaillod/SchoonerX/Xside3.html
Here is a pic of the top of the mast reaching up towards the surface but still 253' underwater. Wouldn't that be a sight?

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Nitrox Junkie once bubbled...

CWB

The St James is the Schooner X. I believe it is 165' but some who have posted here might be able to give an exact depth since they have dove it before.

Now there has been a bit of confusion surrounding this ship. There are actually two ship known as Schooner X. The second or first, however you look at it is over in Lake Michigan. It is in just over 300' of water. http://my.execpc.com/~bbaillod/SchoonerX/Xside3.html
Here is a pic if the top mast reaching up towards the surface but still 253' underwater. Wouldn't that be a sight?

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

The "Schooner X" that I assumed you meant was the one mentioned on the Osprey Charter Dive site:
http://www.osprey-dive.com/shipwrecks.html

I guess it's my turn to have not read your post very closely. After I requested the depth, I see that you gave it in your very first post.

wb

WB
I guess we can call ourselves even then.
The wreck over in Lake Erie that you speak of was labeled Schooner X until they made the ident. They found out it was indeed the St James.
Now the one shown on the link I provided above is still called the Mystery Schooner X since they have not as far as I know, identified it. They both look like well preserved wrecks but the one in Lake Michigan is very deep.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Back
Top Bottom