SciFi You Would Like To See On Screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David farlands runelord series would be a good addition to this list

I was going to suggest Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass, but I see it is already being made into a movie and due for release December of this year.

The Golden Compass

Yeaaaaa!

glenn

Hmmm...kind of a mixed genre' but Marion Zimmer Bradleys Darkover series comes to mind as does Andrea Nortons Witch World, Time trader and Space Trader series.

What about the Beserker series?

Mike

Land Locked:
Asimov's Foundation Series

This would be awesome, but probably too slow for most people.

Logan's Run needs to be re-made, with 18 being the cut off year like it is in the book, and decent actors. That book has so much potential and the movie was so terrible.

Jack McDevitt's Academy series needs to be made into movies.

Neal Stephenson - Interface, Zodiac, Cryptonomicon, and The Diamond Age

William Gibson - Pattern Recognition, and I would say Neuromancer, but I have this feeling Hollywood would ruin it.

I want a movie based on the SteamPunk series of graphic novels too. Sin City (which I used to read in high school) came out so well I'm hungry for a whole genre of film based on graphic novels now.

Marion Zimmer Bradleys Dragon Riders series would also be a good bet.

Mike

tc246:
Friday has possibilities too.
I love Friday! :)

Suggestion: The chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever.

Back
Top Bottom