Scooter recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand, indeed it seems much better, but the price is almost double :(

I just searched , and i didn't find any in france second hand...

I just searched , and i didn't find any in france second hand...

check italy, england, and other surrounding areas and be patient. they come up every once in a while. similar to rebreathers, canister lights, and other specialty gear, they come up for sale pretty regularly, but in spurts, so you may go 2-3 months without seeing anything, and then a few come up in short order

Thanks for the advice. Will search and if not, going to buy a new one..

What about this brand?

Logic Dive Gear

not bad, but i'd be extremely concerned about service in Europe. They're also horrifically expensive. For a buyer in France, I'd want to stay with relatively local supplier, or with an older design that wouldn't have to be sent back for service. That would limit to basically Suex or Bonex for new units, and the older gavin/silent submersion lead units since they don't have anything that would have to get sent back. The Genesis units are nice, but everything is sealed and proprietary so if something goes wrong, it would have to be shipped back to the US for any sort of work

I wanted to think a lot about what kind of scooter I'd buy, but I lucked into a Suex, and it is simply a great scooter. It has a trigger guard and a screw-down housing so you only have to worry about one o-ring. Mine has been to 270ft without leaking. I'd buy a another one in a heart beat.

Which model, specifically? Either way, I'm glad you got something you like!

You need a scooter that has enough torque to pull your extra gear. In addition, you need one that can tow you and your partner, should one scooter fail, to your safety zone. Forgive me, I do know the two last models you mentioned. If they have similar specifications as those mentioned below, they should work for you adequately. Not all DPVs have identical ride characteristic and features. The handle, the leash mounting points, accessory attachment should play a role in your decision making process. However, you shouldn't sacrifice accessories for torque and range.

Submerge Viper/Magnus
Suex Xjoy37
Logic Dive Gear Genesis
Bonex RS
DiveXTra Piranha

A DPV is one the most expensive purchase, a diver will make. Buy a DPV for the type of diving you will perform and buy the best your funds allow. If you can't afford one, just save until you can afford a unit with the required specs. Don't buy one with inferior specs. You'll have to sell it and take a hit on the resale value.

O.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom