Scorpio Divers-Cancun Rock!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

426Scuba

Reaction score
I just got back from diving with Jorge and Ben from Scorpio Divers. These guys are great to dive with. From the hotel to hotel service or the great fish and shrimp tacos :eyebrow: they go the extra mile to make your dive trip one to remember!

My first day diving with them we went to Puerto Morelos for a wreck dive with an easy full penetration :eyebrow: was awesome! Followed by a very nice virgin reef where Jorge (the reef hunter) descended on the reef with a lion fish in his sights and promptly shot the sucker! Its good to know divers are trying to cut down on the lion fish consuming the fish on the reefs down there!

My second day with them we dove a wreck off of cancun that was torn in half by hurricane Wilma and separated by at least a football field :shocked2: With a bunch of eagle rays all around! Followed up by a smaller shallow reef stocked with tons of lobster and the biggest dam puffer fish I've ever seen :shocked2: :shocked2:

My only regret is I didn't have a camera with me :depressed:

If your planning on diving in the Cancun area give them a call. Don't be suckered into the cattle boats (aquaworld :thumbdown:) like I did the first time I dove in Cancun!

Thanks again guys!

Scorpio Divers // Scuba Diving // Diving the way it should be.// Scuba Diving Cancun Puerto Morelos Cozumel Cenotes

avg depth of your dives? or depths of all ur dives? Im going with a friend who hasnt done any dives post PADI OW, want to get him into it slow and shallow.

Yup their a couple of good guys!

By the way, I approve of any dive description that includes the terms "very nice virgin" and "full penetration". But then again I have the mind of a 18 year old.

PH

avg depth of your dives? or depths of all ur dives? Im going with a friend who hasnt done any dives post PADI OW, want to get him into it slow and shallow.

The two different wreck dives were 80-90 feet deep one reef was 60' and the other was 30'

Just shoot them an email or call them I'm sure they can set up what ever your looking for :wink:

Don't be put off by the fish and shrimp tacos....I thought it had to taste nasty, but Ben gave me one of his. Fantastico!! Same with the shrimp. Get them to take you down to Pescatidos. There is this place next door that sells roasted meat on a spit.

They are professionals and will not take a diver below their comfort zone. Honestly, you will see more stuff on the shallower reef than on the deep dives the majority of the time. But the wreck is a nice dive. But you do need to tell them what you want to do and any concerns....they are great guys, but still don't read minds very well....

You dont get great reveiws unless you are doing something right and Ben and Jorge at ScorpioDivers are doing it right. I have gone diving with them and I enjoyed every aspect of the dives and time spent with them. They are the tops at customer service and that distinguishs them from other operations. They are what you look for when searching for a dive operation!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom