Screwed up the battery tray in my Canadian Extreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Halcyon replacement or any other tray will work reliably in the Canadian Extreme backup, or source where to get a replacement?

Thanks

jonscubas once bubbled...
Does anyone know if the Halcyon replacement or any other tray will work reliably in the Canadian Extreme backup, or source where to get a replacement?

Thanks

Your CE light has a battery tray? Mine just has a strip of brass with a spring at the bottom. What did you do to yours?

I didnt like the fact that when you barely turn the bezel clockwise it would turn on immediately, I tried to shorten the brass stem that runs the length of the light body, and contacts the bottom of the sl4 bulb housing for the light to turn on. I cut it too short.

I need to get a replacement for it.

There is a guy on ebay that sells lights too.Maybe he can sell you the piece you need. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3606776116&category=29575 I think aquamaniac just purchased the whole light so you may be able to ask him what the tray looks like if the guy will sell them seperately that is.

Also have you tried to contact canadian extreme. His site is still up but i hear he no longer sells his products.

lal7176 once bubbled...
There is a guy on ebay that sells lights too.Maybe he can sell you the piece you need. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3606776116&category=29575 I think aquamaniac just purchased the whole light so you may be able to ask him what the tray looks like if the guy will sell them seperately that is.

Also have you tried to contact canadian extreme. His site is still up but i hear he no longer sells his products.

My CE light will be on his way to him shortly for potential retrofitting, I just recieved my backup light from him too (yes I purchased one). Nice light, and boy is it brighter than the CE light. Now I know it definitely had a lot to do with the battery tray. For a minute there I thought I was going nuts. Now that I realize this, I'm not very happy with CE.

jonscubas once bubbled...

My CE light will be on his way to him shortly for potential retrofitting, I just recieved my backup light from him too (yes I purchased one). Nice light, and boy is it brighter than the CE light. Now I know it definitely had a lot to do with the battery tray. For a minute there I thought I was going nuts. Now that I realize this, I'm not very happy with CE.

Its brighter than the CE huh. I guess when i buy my second light i will get it from him.What does his battery tray look like compared to the CE. Also keep me posted on how the retrofit goes as it might be something i'll to check into.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom