Scuba Card promblem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverman

Registered
Reaction score
:confused: I still have my junior open water card and i dont really feel like getting a different card. If i go to a place to dive and i am older than my buddy will they care, cause my card is kinda outdated? I would hate to be restricted from goin on a dive cause my card aint up to date. :mad: :banging:

Here's the way it works, young diverman...
The prudent operator will restrict you to Junior Diver limits so long as you don't have a regular "C" card.
The prudent operator will restrict a diver that's too young to hold a regular "C" card to Junior Diver limits no matter what his "C" card says.
It may not be fair... it may not seem "right" or "just." But if you get hurt while being allowed to dive as a non-junior while holding only a junior "C" card the lawyers will be lining up to take your case.
Buy an updated card.
Rick

oh well. Looks like i will have to get my lazy A** into gear then.
hehehe :ditz:

from the manual:
"Junior Open Water Divers or Junior Scuba Divers may upgrade their certification level to PADI Open Water Diver when they reach the age of 15 with no additional requirments.

If more than a year has passed since the diver earned the certification, when requresting an upgrade, it is recommended that the diver complete a Scuba Review program."

To upgrade to PADI OW contact your LDS or certifying instructor for the apporpriate paperwork

Back
Top Bottom