Scuba Club Cozumel Photo Workshop Trip Report - Lots of pictures!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curious what kind of software you are using for your thumbnail --> fullsize photo upload.

Its a java script that's pretty easy to use, but you do need to know HTML.
Dynamic Drive DHTML Scripts- Lightbox image viewer 2.03

I am in the category of Cozumel divers that has always refused to stay at the AIs, for many of the reasons that you listed. However, your descriptions of SCC will definitely make me take a look at it for our next trip.

Once you stay there, you'll be hooked!

Glad you're all enjoying the report! It was just as much fun to write!

Great job and thank you for the pictures

That was one of the best trip reports I have ever seen!!!!

Great Report And Amazing Pictures! Sorry For The Caps But Im On An Old Computer And My Caps Lock Button Is Stuck.

I Am So Glad I Met You Guys. You Were So Much Fun And Really Made Our Trip The Best.

Belize Was Good To But I Still Love Scuba Club Cozumel Best.

Mark

Nice job! More like a Scuba Diving magazine article than your typical T.R.

thankx for sharing p.s. enjoyed the webcam messages, cool idea.

Excellent shots and report! I can't wait to get there in June! My first trip to a really great location with my Canon 20D and Ikelite gear! What lenses did you use? I have the 17x85mm port, the 100mm Macro port and the 18x55mm Port (which looks like it will work with the 50mm Macro.) I plan on taking them all.

Mike

Thank you everyone for your nice comments! I will have a full page Cozumel shot in the May issue of Scuba Diving. Michelle, the wife of one of the guys in my workshop was modeling for me and has already been in a couple of magazines. Her husband is proud that his wife is now a centerfold.:D

Excellent shots and report! I can't wait to get there in June! My first trip to a really great location with my Canon 20D and Ikelite gear! What lenses did you use? I have the 17x85mm port, the 100mm Macro port and the 18x55mm Port (which looks like it will work with the 50mm Macro.) I plan on taking them all.

Yes, take all your lenses! I'm shooting a Nikon D200 and/or D300 in a Sea & Sea housing with dual INON strobes. Most the shots in the trip report were taken with a 12-24 zoom wide angel. This trip I tried some dives (Colombia & Cedral) with the 10.5 fisheye too. I just picked up a 10-17 fisheye zoom, so now I need to go back (darn!). For the macro stuff I did mostly 60mm. Its hard to shoot with anything greater than that because of the current, unless you do a shore dive, which you can get some great critter shots.

Have a great trip! We'll want to see your pictures when you get back.

I tried the 100mm Macro in Mazatlan, that's why I got the 50mm! Sounds like the 17-85mm and 50mm are best options...

Mike

Back
Top Bottom