Scuba Diving Dive Destinations 2007 Readers Choice Awards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoatanMan said it perfectly! I rarely read Rodales. The articles about destinations and equipment are virtually useless. I think they should call the magazine a brochure and give it away for free. Regarding the destination ratings, again I think they have little value. Most often the most popular or cheapest destinations are highly rated because they get the most votes. I would never choose a trip based on anything in the magazine.

Divebuddy, I see your tag reads a number of Aggressor trips in 2006. Which did you like best, and how would you compare them?

caymaniac:
Divebuddy, I see your tag reads a number of Aggressor trips in 2006. Which did you like best, and how would you compare them?

Hey Caymaniac, I got hooked on liveaboard a few years ago because they make diving so easy. I guess it's obvious I like Aggressor because the experience is always pretty consistent and good. However, they are pricey and once you add in the fuel surcharge, tips, etc., the trips get really expensive. But, I guess on a per dive cost it's good if you make 5 dives a day.

Anyway, my favorite so far has been the Galapagos because of the diving, topside, boat & crew.

Tahiti was beautiful, boat was really nice because it is a cat, diving was decent but not great.

Belize boat was decent, cabins are on smaller than on the other boats, but there is a nice hot tub and great sun deck.

Fiji boat only holds 10 and the cabins are large, especially the master cabin. Very nice. BUT, no sun deck & the lounge is small. Diving in Fiji was colorful, but lacked the diversity of indonesia. One thing I really liked about the boat was the fact that they went to a new dive site for every dive as opposed to sitting on the same one for several dives.

In Feb I'm on the Sulawesi Aggressor which should top them all in terms of qualilty diving.

Not sure if I answered your question. Let me know if I can be of any help. Haven't been on all of them yet. Palau (2), Galapagos, Tahiti, Fiji, Belize (2), Cayman, Sulawesi (feb 07) & Turks (June 07)

It's a poll people, just a poll and nothing else.

Take it with a grain of salt, as well as everything else you read in any magazine for that matter.

They have to base it on something so they base it on what the readers say as they should because who else is going to do the poll. Plus it's the READERS that pay for the magazine. It really wouldn't matter if they based it on some other criteria because I'm sure there would still be people complaining about it.

Go and dive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caymaniac:
Yes, I have been to Africa and would agree that the diving is better than the Carribean. I wouldn't call myself an authority on Africa, I've only been to Sodwanna.
Sodwanna ranks as my alltime place for the biggest shark, I saw a Raggle that looked as if it could swallow my wife and I whole.
Here are a couple from Africa:
File0001.jpg

File0004.jpg

File0002.jpg
not looking to hijack the thread but these are really excellent pictures; great lighting/color - they look "rich" if that makes sense - what did you take them with; how deep, etc

Back
Top Bottom