Scuba diving / Megalodon Shark Teeth / Cooper River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lee Taylor

Crusty old diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
JoyfulLee and I went diving for Megalodons this past dive season with Back Water Diversions. We traversed the beautiful back waters of Charleston SC. Our very experienced river guide, Phil Myers, took us down the Cooper River and then into a tributary called the French Quarter. We dove in an area affectionately called the kiddy pool because of its shallow depth (20ft), warm sandy bottom, low boat traffic, and low current. Joy and I used scuba tanks and some of the others used a Hookah. The Hookah is a rig that pumps surface air down to a diver. The guys using the Hookah also had a tank on their back and were doing 2-1/2 hour dives.

Directions to this dive site:

Megalodon Shark tooth Map

Click on "French Quarter"

I found the tooth on the right at this site (summer 2009)

FQ.jpg
tooth.jpg

There are lots of good dive operations on the Cooper River. Here are links to a few.

Charleston______________ Charleston Scuba

Cooper River____________ Cooper River Dive Charters

Cooper River ____________ Back Water Diversions

Summerville_____________ Lowcountry Diving

Up State_______________ Off The Wall Charters

I also enjoy finding fossilized shells. Any fossil shell photos or references to dive sites or land sites would be interesting.

Visit me at either of the links below

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom