Scuba Gear in KL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiveturkey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How are the prices in KL for scuba equipment? I want to buy a pc interface for my stinger. Does anyone know a decent place to shop for it?

I bought my stinger and 2 others for friends when I was there last summer. They're 3 times cheaper than here. Unfortunately I don't have time to go to Singapore. I'll just be doing one night in KL before I head to redang and perhaps another on the way back.

bakpakka once bubbled...
Any reason a person would really, really need or want their own equipment?

There are many:

It's cheaper.

It's safer because you know where it's been and how well it's been maintained and treated.

It's safer because you don't have to relearn the positioning of your inflator buttons and vents everytime you suit up.

It's more comfortable because the fit doesn't vary each time you suit up.

But with buying your own equipment, I guess it can cut down mobility somewhat. If you like to backpack, then I guess it is rather hard to stuff your BC and regulators down the backpack, eh?

I suppose it's a trade off that has to be worked out, but yes, I do see that value in buying your own equipment. Perhaps I'll log a few more dives, then invest in some of my own equipment.

(Of course, people always say you never know who has crapped in this wetsuit, etc... But then again, in the sea, heaps of people have crapped in the water all over, and puked... yet we still swim amidst the crap, rite? *grin*)

jiveturkey,

Hobi-sports Sdn. Bhd. carries Sunnto products. They usually have a big sale in the month of August (most items up to 40 % off). You can contact their KL office at 603-5638-8737 when you are in Malaysia. Hope you get a good deal. I believe they have a web site as well. You can try a search.

Back
Top Bottom