Question Scuba Geocaches in the Caribbean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThatsAmore

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
For my husband and I, the two best ways to relax are scuba diving and geocaching, so I was hoping to plan a vacation that combined them. The only physical geocache I know of that requires scuba is on the Kittiwake, but we were just on Grand Cayman a few years ago. Does anyone know of any others?

that's an awesome idea but aren't they hard to find underwater? I mean, no GPS and all....

To find scuba caches just set your filters to terrain 5, scroll around the map, and read descriptions on likely looking spots to find any that actually require scuba rather than snorkel/wading, or just a boat to get there. I see at least one off Cayman Brac and 2 off Roatan.

I’m sure there are more scuba earthcaches to avoid the difficulties of physical ones, but those are fun too. I logged one on Little Cayman last week. Still needed to dive to answer the earthcache question. (You might be able to get the answer from a local dm, but it’s a nice dive.)

Underwater caches will typically provide enough hint and description so you don’t need GPS to find, at least not once you’re underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom