Scuba Goop & Trident U Mark It Paint Gear Paint are same item

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really can't believe that, it is amazing what some retailers get away with....Note to self Never buy Scuba Goop.

sucks2.jpg

What you are trying to write isn't so much a negative review as it is an abuse of their review system to steal their business.

If I ran a business and you tried to do that, I would politely ask you to leave, and remove the signs or reviews you'd put up to steal my business.
Are you saying that any negative review of goods or services is always an attempt to steal vendor's business?

The difference is, this is the exact same product. The original label was underneath the Scuba Goop label.

As for the multiple threads, I apologize for that. I'm new to message boards, and the moderator cleaned up my mess by combining the threads. (Thank you for that.)

I'm just trying to save fellow divers a few bucks and address a minor injustice. No, I don't work in the industry.

And I've never written any offensive reviews. The reviews that were deleted stated this was a good product for marking gear, and that divers may well want to pay the extra price plus shipping for convenience. But I did point out that it is actually a relabeled product that can be found locally for about a dollar. As other posters have pointed out, Amazon and other honest retailers allow much more negative reviews than that without deleting them.

Regarding the "Make It Stop" posts (pretty funny pictures by the way), who is holding a speargun to your head and forcing you to read this thread?

FR

FR- your main point about the cost is a good one. And directing people to the identical product is a great service. I think the disconnect is twofold- you are blaming Scuba.com but they are just the retailer. If they were buying, relabeling and gouging, then by all means blow the whistle. Also the second disconnect is expecting a retailer, any retailer, to allow someone to post anything that directs people away from their site/store. You can say it appears to be the same product as something you bought at a hobby store for less. You can say it doesn't work. You can (usually) say it is overpriced for waht it is. But once you accuse them of price gouging and to go buy it at XYZ store or website, that is not a negative product or service review, it is competition. Not many retailers will allow that on their own site.

.....who is holding a speargun to your head and forcing you to read this thread?

FR

I am not allowed to say or they will pull the trigger :fear:.....I will give you a hint though :eek:nespeed:

As for the rest, I will point you to the nicely worded post by Merxlin.....pretty much sums up where the problem is. I still find it amazing that anybody would get that upset and worked up over $5. To each their own though.

Regarding the "Make It Stop" posts (pretty funny pictures by the way), who is holding a speargun to your head and forcing you to read this thread?

FR

I posted those pics... and did it all in fun to lighten up the thread.....

Let me be first to say that I'm not a fan of Scuba.com, so I'm not taking their side as a "satisfied customer".

For Reference, my LDS sells paint markers for $6.95. I can drive about 1 mile to Walmart and buy them for half that price or less. My LDS knows that. but they sell them to people as a matter of convenience. They have no problems if the customer wants to tromp to Walmart to buy them. They will even give you directions to how to get there, free of charge.

Is it "wrong" to censor reviews of it? In our minds yes. But in their minds they are running a business. Someone posted here to go try to put up a sign in your LDS in front of them saying they were cheaper at a hobby store and see how long that sign lasts.

I've got to agree with that.

Walmart sells them cheaper because they buy them by the truckload and sells them at a discount where the LDS buys maybe a box or two a year, and sells them at normal LDS markup.

but my pics posts were basically saying "this is beating a dead horse, times 5 threads".

It's not going to change. Scuba.com will keep doing what they are doing.... and they could care less that you don't like it. They are the biggest online retailer in the US. They've moved on from this issue a long time ago.

If you don't want to buy from Scuba.com, then vote with your wallet. but I think it's been well covered here already. Time to stick a fork in this thread.

like steve said... all this over $5 bucks?

EDIT: this board is about so much more than paint stick threads.... come on out into the rest of the board and have some fun in some threads! make the most of it! :thumb:

It's not going to change. Scuba.com will keep doing what they are doing.... and they could care less that you don't like it. ...
like steve said... all this over $5 bucks?:

Scuba.com surely does not care what I think, but they have pulled Scuba Goop from their site. (And replaced it Trident U-Mark-It Gear Marking Paint, which is the same product at the same jacked-up price with yet another label on it.) A coincidence? Most likely, but still interesting.

As for the five bucks, it's not about the money, it's about the principle. And if I can save a bunch of folks five bucks each, that is worth a little "obsessing."

No one is forcing you to return to this thread. You can put your own fork in it.

I'm perfectly happy to let it die, but if people post things that deserve a response, I see no reason not to respond.

Thanks for your well-thought-out and reasonable replies, by the way.

FR

I suggest you start a new thread on this and organize a "group buy" of Scuba Goop to protest Scuba.com and it's overbearing policies and the conspiracy of them removing Scuba Goop from their site. :thumb:

In the end... I hope you can "show them" (on a matter of principle. ) :thumb:

If you get enough people together, you should be able to get it down to $1 dollar. Please put me down for 1 bottle and let me know where I can send the PAYPAL.

I look forward to your new thread. Please post a link here of it.

EDIT:
PS... remember that everyone in group buys wants "free shipping".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom