Scuba Jim….more Questions about French Polynesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the GODS on MT OTEMANU are trying to keep us apart for good reason !!!!

Well my friend I think we'll be chasing one another around FP

Scuba Jims squeaking springs once said...

Scott, I think I gave you may dates of when I am where, but here they are again:

16-20 Sept: Rurutu
20 Sept: Sheraton Papeete
21-27 Sept: Aggressor in the Tuamotus
27 Sept: Sheraton Papeete
28 Sept - 01 Oct: Taha'a PBR
01 - 05 Oct: Eden Beach Bora Bora
05 Oct: Beachcomber Papeete
06 Oct: Home!

If we tie up in anyway, let me know! It would be great to meet up but if not then next time! I am sure that wherever you are, we'll be able to hear the bed spings!! :bounce:

Just don't frighten the fish away!!!

All the best for now
Jim

No I have not seen your Itinerary until today......Good thing or I would have given these dates and places to our agent and told her to make sure we are staying in the bungalow right next to SCUBA JIM .......... :blbounce: :rfish: :boings: LOL

Ok on that note...........

We have reservations to hold bungalows on the Island/atolls but we are trying tweak it and work out the details and will have something more definitive by next week......well that a good thing!!!!! WE'VE MADE PROGRESS!!!!!!! :)

Talk to you soon

Scott

Send blessings upon you and oil away the squeaks of your happiness!

:bounce: :whoa: :shhhh: :snoozer:

Well Scott, if we don't see each other that is unfortunate, but we can bore evryone else on the Scubaboard with our tales of adventure for months after we return!!! :)

Keep me posted of your movements!

And let me know if you have any problems!

Jim

Because of Inter island flights we are really limited to what we do....well so we are told....didnt seem to be the case last year when we made the same plans BUT ANYHOW.......( I think we would have had to spend nights on Tahiti if done any other way.......)

We will start in Tikehau PB for 4 nights then fly back to Papeete to transfer Islands.

Then we will slide over to Bora Bora PB (which we are now trying to get a Beach Front bungalow with Jacuzzi in the yard :wink: as opposed to our overwater bungalow...cant believe we are trying to get out of this one!!!!!... (I heard that the snorkeling is not that great as there is no structure to hold and fish.....Its a big old pure white sand bar....not to mention they are alot more expensive) However most or all of the beach fronts are all occupied by one party so I think we are on a wait list. We are here for 4 or 5 nights.

Fly back to Papeete to get the fight to Manihi THIS MAY BE OUR OPPURTUNITY TO MEET....albeit at the Airport...(dont know how close you'll be but.....) Then off the Manihi for 5 nights......

We took the meal plans on Manihi and Tikehau as the resorts are the only places to eat so they highly recommended doing that.......Bora Bora we will fend for ourselves a few nights and visit the main Island and eat out.

What are you guys doing as far as food goes???? ..... Even the meal plans are sky high....... :eek:

Then back to Papeete/Tahiti for 1 &1/2 days then back to the homestead......

Stay tuned .... I'm sure it will change:D

Cant wait to get there!!!!!!!!

Talk with you soon :)
Scott

This is an odd itinerary. Why are they making you go to Tikehau then Bora Bora and then Manihi? Seems an odd way to do it. A bit like flying from San Francisco to Losa Angeles via New York (though not quite such large distances!!!!)

What date are you at the airport? I can check my flight times and we can see if we can meet up!!!

Food wise I think we are just gonna play it by ear. I think in both cases we'll just eat at the resort for dinner as they are self-contained and for lunch, well, I think it depends on where we are on a particular day. But you're right, it's darned expensive! It better be good for that pice. It should be, the French are good cooks, though the useage of frogs, snails & horses in their diet is a habit I trust they have not taken to Tahiti with them!!!! :froggy: :yummy:

Kepp me posted!

Regards
Jim

This is an odd itinerary. Why are they making you go to Tikehau then Bora Bora and then Manihi? Seems an odd way to do it. A bit like flying from San Francisco to Losa Angeles via New York (though not quite such large distances!!!!)

I know ....Tikehau is 15-20 min flying time from Manihi and an hour to Papeete......Then Bora Bora is 45 mins the other direction from Tahiti :banging: or something like 2 hours total flight time (through Tahiti) from those atolls

I know it’s been explained to us that this is why it has to happen this way and it has always seemed logical …..but I’m really begin to doubt the validity of what we are being told…..I hate it we I become skeptical of something like this!!!

We've been told this is how it needs to be done to avoid layovers in Tahiti/Papeete ..... but seems very illogical to us!!!!!!! We are becoming very frustrated with the situation yet at the same time becoming passive to it .

Wendy (Blue Nui Dive center) was surprised to hear of our "adventures" to the point she called the one hotel (Sofitel Motu on Bora Bora) to get further info on the situation (remodeling) and they could tell her nothing (dont know if they didnt know or were not aware) but that has us a little unsettled. I guess we should try to contact then ourselves. She was also very surprised to hear of the flight issues we had trying to get to Taha’a….mentioning that Gilles has been hopping over there with no issues.

Beyond this ... and if it all stands I think....emphasize think we will be in Papeete on the 27th for a transfer....but who knows!!!!

We’ll let you know……..

Scott

This sounds all wrong to me and I would be a little suspicious of what is going on. I am more than happy to put my boot in and see what is going on (I assume you know that travel is my line of business?!).

There is no logic in your flying all the way back to Tahiti and on to Bora Bora and then all the way back again. Are you aware that there are direct flights from Tikehau to Bora Bora?

monday Dep12:45 Arr13:45 VT549
friday Dep12:10 Arr13:15 VT545

Looks to me like someone does not know what they are doing and is screwing your trip up. I would start kicking some bottom (!) if I were you. Your itinerary woudl take me 24 hours to sort out, not 24 weeks!!!!

If you want me to look into it I am more than happy to do so.

I arrive from Rangiroa on VT510 on 27 Sep at 1910. You at the airport any time around then?!!

Like I said, I am more than happy to help.

Regards
Jim

I have been reading this post for some time now.

Well Finesse all I can say is good luck
and I would definately be changing travel agents.I think that it may be a good idea for you to take Scuba Jim up on his offer.

As most know we are heading to the Solomon Islands and we have had our itinerary for quiet some months now and we don't depart until 1st Oct.It would be different if it was a last minute booking.

I do feel that it is a bit late to be changing plans this close to departure especially when you had planned it 12 mths ahead.

We are always planning the next destination, have started narrowing down for next years holiday already.

Maybe we just have a really good travel agent to work with.We give them the destinations and thay get info back to us fairly quickly.But I'm sure you sourced out where you wanted to go first of all too.

Well I will contiue to follow your sage so to speak
After though maybe you can make it into a serial and we will all have to stay tune for the next exciting eposide :D Just joking

I really do wish you all the best and I hope it is finally sorted out.

Happy diving
Sherry :)

Sherry

Thanks for following along......and sorry for all the whining…… at times it feels like Scuba Jim and I are communicating direct (one on one) through email and forget that a whole lot of people see this.

My Bride and I are disappointed in what has transpired and we are working through it......We are "chalking" it up as a learning experience ( we just wished we could have learned on a slightly less important trip!!!!) And yes trying to find alternatives at this late date are near impossible!!!!! (Thankfully we are booked at some great locations ..... well at least I hope we are :eek: )

Bottom line we are very grateful to be able to take such a journey

My hope now is that we can both thank Jim (and wife of course) for all of the support he has given to us....

WELL JIM …… You know what’s coming now......

Thanks again for your guidance and advice !!!!!! =-)

Scott

Hmmmm ... a serial....Hmmmm....Starring "SCUBA JIM" ......:D hehehe

if there is a sequel!

Or maybe a young and nubile co-star..... :wink:

Naaaaah. Forget the Oscar!

It's a pleasure as always, Scott!

Regards for the mo
Jim

Hey Scuba……

I just sent off an Email to Wendy at Blue Nui looking for some help………Then I thought….. Oscar Nominee Scuba Jim might know the answer!!!!! :bljoker:

I’m not saying anything yet …AS to the status of our plans…... As plans are changing by the minute around here…BUT….

Do you know … in your vast knowledge of Dive Centers in FP :D ……if Taha’a dive center will be up and running in September???? I know Wendy said they were getting the dive center ready but at that time (early August) it was not yet open.

Rangiroa is the other option!!!

Thank you !!!

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom