Scuba Music (Songs, Artists, Albums that embody diving & diving culture)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you trying to tell me something? :huh: I've spent the last 4 hours downloading, ripping and burning music to the new Mp3 player and no Enya to be found. :11:

Ya gotta add "Underwater" by the Frogmen....and yes I actually have a copy of it. :)

Being from both the Scuba and surfing cultures...Scuba does not have music of it's own. Surfing has a very definate music culture...Bruce Brown's "Endless Summer" theme. I am no musical artist but how could we make this happen? Probably have to revolve around a Movie scene I guess (I can still hear the "SeaHunt" theme

Scuba Tunes - The Pool Sessions, by the Scuba Dudes
1. Blackened Fish Sandwich
2. Hi-Tech Diver
3. ScubaRadio
4. The Parrothead Fish
5. Wreck(ed) Diver
6. Scuba Joe
7. Today Is The Day
8. Skip The One-Legged Shark Diver
9. I Learned My ABC's
10. Is That A Moray In Your Pocket...?

Beyond the Sea - From Finding Nemo
Under the Sea - Little Mermaid
Can't Stop - Rolling Stones
Cool Change - Little River Band
Deep - Binocular
Free Falling - Tom Petty
Hawaii 5-0
Rock the Boat, hehehe :D

lotsofgadgets:
Scuba Tunes - The Pool Sessions, by the Scuba Dudes
1. Blackened Fish Sandwich
2. Hi-Tech Diver
3. ScubaRadio
4. The Parrothead Fish
5. Wreck(ed) Diver
6. Scuba Joe
7. Today Is The Day
8. Skip The One-Legged Shark Diver
9. I Learned My ABC's
10. Is That A Moray In Your Pocket...?

So is this one really any good? I saw it at a LDS, and I thought about buying it..... What's the music like? Any comparisons to similar artists?

TIA

KangarooSeatbelt:
IThe kind of stuff you and your buddy would play to pump yourselves up, or put yourself in the mood as you drive to your favorite dive site or to meet your charter for a sweet dive.
We actually listen to this one for the pump...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8595401596702226857
or you could just sing it to your spouse. lol.

partridge:
I am in the process of moving all my old cd's to the computer and came across "purple haze" from Jimi Hendrix's Experience Hendrix CD. This is what it says on the insert:

"I dream a lot and I put a lot of my dreams down as songs. Purple Haze was all about a dream I had that I was walking under the sea."

Nice song but does not really sound like an "ocean" song.
Sounds more like 1983 off of Electric Ladyland... his makes his strat mimic dolphins and whales. Although it is all about total world destruction. (ala Orwell 1984)

Back
Top Bottom