scuba & non scuba marriage vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll echo the suggestion of an all-inclusive in Jamaica. Superclubs, Sandals, and Couples all have good scuba programs included in the price. I would suggest going to the Negril area on the west end of the island if you want to dive everyday. The north coast is notorious for rough water and cancelled dive trips.

The wife and I love Hedonism II for a fun and a little wicked vacation. The dive crew at the resort is excellent. I hear the crew at Grand Lido is very good also. I've seen the boats from Sandals which look very nice.

It's nice to see you two recognize that each need a little freedom to do the things you love while at the same time sharing a special trip. Have fun!!

Hey, newbie here, just got OW cert and diving has to be one of the most fun, exciting, relaxing "sports" there is....well almost.
Wife doesn't scuba, but she loves the beach and fun, and we travel all over the world, so where does a regular joe like me take his significant other so I can dive my buns off during the morning, and she can have fun at a wonderful beach, or exploring an island or massage/spa? Thought about a cruise, but its not really my thing, but if it gets me under the water, then so be it. Oh yea, don't disco or karokee, but good food and bars are important. Any suggestions or advice??
TIA, Robi

get her certified or beware,,,
it sounds great in the beginning and dose not end with that fairy tale ending,,

We too had this dilemma. We chose a beautiful all-inclusive resort called Sunscape in Riviera Maya, Mexico. There is lots to do throughout the day for the non-diver and a really nice spa. You can also snorkel off the beach, which was a nice compromise for us. We ended up doing this every day and I took some neat pictures of the sealife right there. It is within walking distance to several other resorts, so we walked down along the coast a couple times to see what was down there. One of the resorts not so far down the way was a topless resort, so I had to try that. ;o) That was a strangely liberating experience. hehe Anyways, you can book all sorts of excursions through the resort and they will pick you up right at the front door to take you to the places. We swam with dolphins and did an atv ride/cenote swimming excursion. Both were awesome. One day, I set up an opportunity for me to dive the Mexican cenotes while he was snorkeling with all of our non-diving spouses at the same time. They had a guide with the nondivers so they would take them around to the different parts of the cave that the divers would surface in so we could see each other throughout the dives. He said next time he'd have a wetsuit because he got cold, but the caves were definatly a different experience from the quarries and reefs I usually dive. The resort was within walking distance to town and the marina, so a couple days we went down there and looked at all the boats and shops. I got some great hand made jewelry down there and souveniers. We also booked a private dinner on the beach one night. They set a table us for us in the location of our choosing and our butler served us a huge, extravagant meal on the beach. Very romantic. There was a newletter they put out daily that listed all of their honeymooning couples and those celebrating wedding anniversaries, so we were almost famous for a day. ;o) There were 5 or 6 restaurants at the resort and all were included with the price of the stay. They are all different genres of food- there's plain American, a diner, Italian, Mexican, etc. Every night they had a different show- there was a fire show, a broadway show, Mariache band, etc. They had lots of pools- one that was adults only so there were no kids running around splashing you- and bubble pools also. My one caution though- no matter what they tell you at the resort, DON'T DRINK THE WATER. They will tell you it's purified and filtered and thus, safe for all of their American guests to drink. They lie. I'm not even sure if the bottled water they gave us was ok, but they kept the mini fridge in the room stocked with all sorts of pops and beers, so it wasn't bad once I figured out it was the water that was making me sick. I have some pics online at anp05/wedding - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The honeymoon pics start on page 7. Everything I took both topside and underwater is on there (minus the ones from the topless beach ;o)

Wherever you go, good luck and congrats! :crafty:

I am a diver and travel agent and suggest going to Cozumel. Lots of shopping and they do have beaches in Cozumel. The diving is first rate and much better than the Myan Riveria area or Playa del Carmen. I suggest staying at Park Royal. It is a beautiful resort that is easy pick up for you to go diving. It has 3 pools with swim up bars, 3 ala carte restaurants that are really good, a large buffet, several snack bars, nightly entertainment...that I never went to sorry, and the rooms are really nice and all have an ocean view except the first couple of floors. You get the most for your dollar in Cozumel. I think you can also get charter air or a great deal with Frontier to Cozumel. Lots of shopping for the wife and they have lots and lots of tours. Some night life in town and a major port for cruise ships so let me say lots of shopping again. Let me just say I stayed here 3 times this year and was very happy with the hotel and so was everyone else. The diving is great in Cozumel...the big stuff is back since hurricane Wilma and you will have a great time!
Affordable Trips And Tours
Diane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom