Scuba Pro mask missing off the rock at FRP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I Found Nemo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If you were diving yesterday afternoon Sunday, Sept. 23 at FRP over next to the New Horizon shelter. You may have picked up the wrong mask when you left. We returned from our dive about 4:30pm to find a blue Oceanic mask with a Paradise divers slap strap on the rock. However, my yellow Scuba Pro Clear Vu mask I left on the rock was gone. Hopefully someone will find it in their gear and PM me. Then again I hope it is not with Chris's log book.:shakehead:

I'm starting to see a trend. I guess my gear will be nicely piled near the truck when we have a crowd.

A couple weeks ago I left a couple weight pockets on the rock and a non diving kid took them thinking they were bean bags. One of the divers with them was nice enough to bring them back overhearing us talking about them missing.
It is amazing to me people wouldn't know their own gear though(Scuba Pro yellow vs Oceanic blue). I guess it is possible if you only saw it a couple times a year. No, I would know. It would also be safe to say the person who wouldn't know their own gear, wouldn't be on scuba board! Sorry, I am being facetious, but if you didn't put it on the rock leave it alone.
There was only about 6 people out there Sunday evening, so it is kinda surprising actually.

This is scary. Hopefully it is just an accident. I would hate to think we're moving into a day when fellow divers would steal from each other while at the quarry. I sure hope that isn't starting to happen.

Just like Chris and his log..I would know my log and return it if I found out it wasn't mine. But that is me.

The day Chris's log turned up missing there was a large crowd around, Some were divers that only dive once or twice a year and rarely at the quarry. I'm pretty sure when they check their gear next year they'll find his log book. As for Nemo's mask, only thing I can say is you'll know it when you see it, and more than likely it will turn up again at Joe's, unlike my boots that disappeared the same day as Chris's log book. Since we are in a *****ing mode. IF the person that broke the window on the cop car is on this board.............PLEASE behave. FRP is a second home to some of us and we like to leave it in as good a shape as we found it when we arrived. I don't think most of us would come into your back yard and leave it nasty and break things. Most of the items in the quarry are for everyones enjoyment when they dive. Breaking them leaves a nasty taste in our mouths, not to mention pissing us off and wishing you don't return. Must be the vandels from Merrmet making a tour of destruction

IF the person that broke the window on the cop car is on this board.............

Are you Kidding Me! :shakehead: What in the !@#$ would make someone want to do something like that. How is it entertaining to break things? I'd like to catch someone vandalizing something, you'd have something to post in the incidents forum for sure.

Are you Kidding Me! :shakehead: What in the !@#$ would make someone want to do something like that. How is it entertaining to break things? I'd like to catch someone vandalizing something, you'd have something to post in the incidents forum for sure.

If it was truly done intentionally, I'd say ban then from FRP if they are found out. But keep in mind that a diver with poor control could accidentally land on top of the car tank down and break the window accidentally. Maybe that happened, maybe it didn't. But the butt of a tank will shatter glass without any problem. We know there are frequently quite a few divers at FRP who are either new or infrequent divers and thus have fairly poor buoyancy control.

If it was truly done intentionally, I'd say ban then from FRP if they are found out. But keep in mind that a diver with poor control could accidentally land on top of the car tank down and break the window accidentally. Maybe that happened, maybe it didn't. But the butt of a tank will shatter glass without any problem. We know there are frequently quite a few divers at FRP who are either new or infrequent divers and thus have fairly poor buoyancy control.

I guess that is possible....

HEY, there's JP..so where is T2? Anybody seen Chris?

BTW, when I disappear for almost three weeks starting this weekend, don't think anything of it. It's hot air balloon time. YEEAAHH!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom