Scuba Pro Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NSDQ

Contributor
Reaction score
For Sale;

Scuba Pro M25/G250V Regulators. About a year old and in great condition. I have two, one on a 7 foot hose and one on a standard hose; doubles set up. $300 for each set (1st and 2nd stages) plus shipping.

Email me or call me at;

armypilot12003@yahoo.com

or 912-667-4207

Shannon

Attachments

• PICT0913.jpg
    PICT0913.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Just out of curiousity since I am thinking about getting a similar setup (shame I missed this deal), what is the reason you selling them?

I am switching to HOG for a couple reasons;

1. They are great regulators
2. They are the only regulator on the market that consumers can repair thier own stuff
3. I am an instructor for HOG regulator repair, so it makes sense to use the equipment
4. HOG is priced right.

Thats about it.

Same reasons I'm switching except number 3. Waiting for a class near me or the webinar and I'm there! And 2 is slightly misleading. Anyone can buy kits for their Dive Rites as well.

I am in the process of acquiring all of my gear to begin diving doubles. I currently have a Scubapro MK25/A700 regulator and was considering buying another one of those. My LDS is giving me a deal at $650 + tax (ouch).

I can buy 2 sets of the HOG D1 first and second stages for $500 and still keep my Scubapro setup for recreational diving which at least seems like a reasonable way to go.

My question is, has anybody here used these regulators that can testify first hand to the quality and serviceability of these regulators?

I'm really happy with my MK25/A700 and would hate to switch to something of a lower grade to save a few bucks. But if they are really good, it may well be worth it.

To be honest, the HOG D1 looks identical to an Apeks DST (DS4 with turret), the second stage with some minor changes looks like my ATX50. In my opinion the Apekses are good, and yes you can service them (if you know what you are doing). These are bullet proof regs but I found the breathing comfort of the G250V superior.

If it was price, I would go for Apekses but I can imagine HOG being easier to get in the states.

P.S. Service kits can also be found for scubapros

Back
Top Bottom