Scuba shows in GTA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
New to Toronto and I am curious to know if there are any major SCUBA trade shows coming up in the TO area?

I found some info on an Outdoor show, but I don't know how much scuba stuff will be there. Also interested in knowing if there any 'HUGE' local sales/events that I should be aware of....

Jack

The Only Scuba Trade Show I am aware of is DEMA and it just Wrapped up last weekend in Orlando, Next year it will be in Vegas.

I don't think the Ontario/Canadian Market is big enough to hold a "dive" specific trade show, though there will probably be shops at some of the outdoor shows.

Scuba Swap will also be held in early 2010 as well.

Cheers

Kunundrum

There is always a good contingent of scuba displays at the Sportsman's Show including a tank for live displays.

I don't think the Ontario/Canadian Market is big enough to hold a "dive" specific trade show...

Toronto was home to "Underwater Canada" until a few years ago. It was widely considered to be one of the best dive shows in the world. It attracted the best speakers in the industry, a fabulous film show, displays, educational seminars and training sessions. I heard that there there was the odd party as well, although I never witnessed any first hand... :rofl3:

The show was operated by the Ontario Underwater Council, but it was pretty much the baby of Doug Rossler, who was the OUC Executive Director. When Doug moved on to other opportunities, the show began to decline and finally ended.

As I recall, it ran for about 25 years and was the unofficial kick-off to the dive season every year in Canada.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom