SCUBA tank holder for DSII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can remove the box, but to actually mount a tank there, you have to remove the flooring as well since the flooring behind the cargo container is curved -- as is the damn wall on the window side. No tank will stand there, and you cannot mount a base to that area: There simply is no usable surface there -- you have to cut the base that holds the container, then remove the carpet/neoprene combo, then cut the flooring insulation to reach the stell underbody. I did just that when I mounted my powertank (upright) in that area. The mount job looked like crud; cutting the plastic requires some type of tooling to give a finished edge. I would not take that route again. My PT tank stayed put under tough conditions, but it was a hatchet job on my part.

I have a good solution though -- much better than the mojo dangerous set-up of using PVC pipe or neoprene battens.

Do you wheel and dive?

robrob:
I was googling and found your post. i was wondering the exact same thing and hoping someone already solved this.

I was looking at one of the cargo boxes ont he side (I dont have a 7 seater) and wondering if there was a way to remove the box fasten them there and not use up any of the other space.

lemme know if you come up with something.

I will keep an eye on the thread!

Thanks robrob

I am a newbie really in both cases... well newbie is not really right either...put it this way i know enough of both to work well within my current limts. as far as driving i am not half bad but with a stock rig dont push the limits too much just for the thrill. But to me its a natural for outings in hard to get places.

As far as diving goes only done about 25 or so and jsut started diving in new england....makes me feel like a total green horn.

Hey Guys,

www.diveoz.com.au has a DIY section with a simple yet effective tank holder
hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom