Scuba Tank(s) holder for my truck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks great!

How have you secured the rack to the bed of your truck?

And what are those damn boots doing on your tanks?:shakehead:

S.

I mount a Generator in my truck from time to time and I needed a way to bolt it in so I welded 4 plates to the bed with additional support underneath. Each plate has a 3/8 16 threaded hole. The tank rack matches up to these holes.

I like the boots, they help when with filling the HP tanks with the round bottom. As for the AL80’s, it just keeps me from nicking them up when I move them around.

For some unknown reason some people think they are evil, but I rarely concern myself with what others think of my gear setup. Why not use them?

Looks Great! And a great idea. I need to do something like that. I am worried about slamming on the brake and having them fly through the rear cab window.

Looks Great! And a great idea. I need to do something like that. I am worried about slamming on the brake and having them fly through the rear cab window.

Nice Job Dave! My DIY tank holder involved a couple old floaty tubes, and some rope! :D

I have boots on my tanks as well. It keeps them more stable when upright in my experience.

Thanks, I used to tie them in, until I had to slam on the binders the other day. Not fun hearing them flying around in the back!

I mount a Generator in my truck from time to time and I needed a way to bolt it in so I welded 4 plates to the bed with additional support underneath. Each plate has a 3/8 16 threaded hole. The tank rack matches up to these holes.

Well, I don't know how many times a week I see someone with talents and skills like yours I wish I had.

As for the boots, it is that they can hide corrosion to the tanks, (and are not as streamlined in the water as "naked" tanks) but as long as you are just using them for transport and have them off from time to time to inspect them, you'll be fine.

S.

Very nice! Mind if I copy it?

Not at all. However, if you plan on a production run, I'll expect my licensing fee.:wink:

Teamcasa have you have many divers notice your impressive set up while at a site or dock parking? It really is nice and finished looking. Not just a handyman special.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom