Scuba Wedding Vows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bella6056

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I was wondering if I can find any help...I figure if anywhere I'll find it here on SB :)

My fiance and I are getting married in the new year on the beach in Koh Samui. Anyone who knows us knows how scuba crazy we are...As an instructor couple I guess it helps, hahaha...

I was hoping to throw in some scuba related bits into our vows, we want to make it a little more personal than the standard love, honor, obey etc, etc...most of our guests are also scuba crazies too...so not too much problem with people not "getting it".

Anyway, if you can offer any suggestions, inspiration, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks, and safe bubbles
Bella

I have filmed several UW weddings, but being a lifelong bachelor myself I must admit I have no clues about how to insert SCUBA-related tidbits into vows! Maybe when I Finally meet my future bride I'll get creative.

One funny story about the last UW wedding I filmed for two friends. The bride wore a veil weighted down with small round lead sinkers. Our local fish went crazy thinking they were peas (often used by snorkelers to feed the fish in the dive park). The kelp bass kept getting caught in the bride's veil and the minister (a local dive instructor) had to keep freeing them as they said their vows!

I, ________, take thee ______, my dear dive buddy to be my wife/husband,
and before God and these divers I promise to be a faithful and true life-long dive buddy."

"Will you, _______, have _____ to be your wife/husband? Will you dive with her/him, share air and gear, plan all dives together, and forsake all other dive buddies and remain true to him/her as long as you both shall dive?" ("I will")

(Repeat) "I, ________, take thee ______, to be my wife/husband, and before God and these divers I promise to be a faithful and true dive buddy."

(Rings) "With this o-ring I thee wed, and all my worldly dive gear I thee endow. In sea sickness and in good viz, in no money for diving or in plenty of money for diving, 'til death do us part."

Thanks, I like some of those scubadiver214...may have to get them in somewhere :) We haven't made it down the aisle yet, had some hiccups with the paperwork for getting married in Thailand, so we're still working on the finer points, like where...hahaha. We'll get there!

I glanced at the title and thought it said "Scuba Welding Vows" and I was like, "What the heck are you talking about???"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom