Scuba With Alsion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeyMikey

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got off the phone with Alison Dennis. She, Carlos and Chucho made it through Wilma. Her boat the Enigma 2 also is ok! She says the damage compared to Emily is like a fart or a pimple compared to this. The devastation is massive. The Caletta marina is beyond words. She said that she just stood there and cried. She was able to drive down to the Occidental Grand to speak with clients and that they were up and running using generators, with running water and showers. However, in her estimation, it could be January before things are up and running with any sense of regularity. Landlines for the most part are not working, cell phone service is sporadic and finding a way to recharge the battery is also hard. She asks that everyone please keep this in mind when speaking with anyone on the island because they must conserve batteries. Main thing that everyone needs right now is food and gas of course.
We are so relieved to hear from her and hear that she, Carlos and Chucho are okay. Alison was her normal fiesty self, but taken back a bit by the massive amount of destruction.

SO glad to hear Alison is okay ..... along with Carlos & Chucho, of course!! Thanks so much for posting .....hadn't heard anything when searching around, so I was getting real worried about her!!

I am so glad to hear that Alison and crew are OK. We dove with Alison in late August and early September, and thought she was great. My happiness is tempered with sadness though, knowing the tough times ahead for everyone. Last year we dove on the East End of Grand Cayman and a few weeks later Ivan flattened almost everything, including the dive lodge. Unbelievable to see this happen to another beautiful place.

Thanks for the update on Alison and friends. We were just there last month and dove with Alison. If there is anything we can do for them please let us know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom