ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2014 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

68 DAYS
UNTIL
SCUBABOARD INVADES ROATAN

for the
Diving Social Event of the Year!

[vimeo]86806652[/vimeo]

Crew Members, Please post in the Shark/Dolphin thread if you plan to do these dives.
If you have not already done so.

2014 Invasion Shark/Dolphin signup

Crew Members Please vote on the T-shirt Design.
2014 Invasion Event T Shirt Final Vote

Great video this morning, Cardzard

I have my DAN insurance :), but I don't have a dive buddy or my own equipment yet (bc, reg, dive computer). Is it ok to assume that I will find a buddy or buddies once I am there, or should I do something now? Regarding equipment, does anyone know what the rental equipment condition is at AKR or weekly cost? I'd really like to have a bit more experience before I purchase my own kit, but I would make the investment before Roatan if it makes sense.

Thanks,
finbird

I have my DAN insurance :), but I don't have a dive buddy or my own equipment yet (bc, reg, dive computer). Is it ok to assume that I will find a buddy or buddies once I am there, or should I do something now? Regarding equipment, does anyone know what the rental equipment condition is at AKR or weekly cost? I'd really like to have a bit more experience before I purchase my own kit, but I would make the investment before Roatan if it makes sense.

Thanks,
finbird

I guarantee you will find dive buddies there.

Roatan airport was an adventure yesterday. I thought I was at Disney World because of all the lines.

Roatan airport is NOT the most efficiently run airport to fly out of. The problem is... All three major airlines depart at about the same time, so we had everyone from Delta, American Airlines, and United all checking in at the same time. So, you know what that means...

Line #1: Pay your $39/pp exit tax. They do take credit cards, but they will add a surcharge. Cash is best.
Line #2: Check your luggage. Since everyone arrived at the same time... the line was extraordinarily long, and very SLOW moving.
Line #3: Document check... they make sure you paid your exit tax...
Line #4: Security Check... TSA PreCheck is NOT an option... everyone has to go through it. (Oh! We had a power outage while we were in line... Yup! All the power went out)
Line #5: Boarding line... since all three airlines are boarding at the same time... which line should you get in? Since nothing is really organized... all the lines zig and zag, and you can't tell which line is going to which gate. We accidentally got into the correct line...

Needless to say... we got to the airport shortly after 11 for a 1:30 flight... we were stressing to make it to our flight on time. Our mistake... We took a 15 minute break after checking in our bag to have an empanada. We thought we were home free, but we didn't realize we had three more lines to go through. Oops!

Lesson learned...

Al

Hi Finbird,

If you go to their website and select the Diving tab you can find the info. I cut and pasted the general info - so you could get an idea of the cost of renting. I haven't been to this resort before so I don't know what their rental gear is like.

Mask, Fins & Snorkel: Daily $8.00, Weekly $40.00
Mask & Snorkel: Daily $5.00, Weekly $25.00
Fins: Daily $5.00, Weekly $25.00
BC Jacket: Daily $12.00, Weekly $60.00
Regulator w/Console and alternate air source: Daily $10.00, Weekly $50.00
Dive computer: Daily $10.00, Weekly $50.00
Regulator with computer: Daily $16.00, Weekly $80.00
Wet Suit (Full): Daily $10.00, Weekly $50.00
Wet Suit (Shorty): Daily $8.00, Weekly $40.00

Thanks,
finbird

Enjoyed Our World Underwater dive show this weekend in Chicago. Did miss seeing Pete this year! Enjoyed talking to the people in the Anthony's Key booth. They gave me a souvenir (a coffee mug:). Had a great conversation with Doc (Roatan Man) at the CoCoView booth. Has a wealth of knowledge about Roatan.

photo.jpeg

Thanks,
finbird

I'm glad to hear you picked up DAN! As for dive buddies, they'll be plenty so don't worry and the rental gear should fine. And remember, Cardzard and myself are there to help in anyway we can if you have any issues!

67 DAYS
UNTIL
SCUBABOARD INVADES ROATAN

for the
Diving Social Event of the Year!

[vimeo]86862043[/vimeo]

Crew Members, Please post in the Shark/Dolphin thread if you plan to do these dives.

2014 Invasion Shark/Dolphin signup

Crew Members Please vote on the T-shirt Design.
2014 Invasion Event T Shirt Final Vote

Back
Top Bottom