ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trying to decide if I should bring my BPW (heavy) or buy a new BCD (ScubaPro Hydros Pro). Has anyone traveled with a BPW? Thoughts?

Trying to decide if I should bring my BPW (heavy) or buy a new BCD (ScubaPro Hydros Pro). Has anyone traveled with a BPW? Thoughts?
I travel with my SS Freedom Plate and wouldn’t do it any other way. Simply love not having to carry much lead and it fits nicely into the carry-on bag.

I used my LW SS Freedom Plate for my Blackbeard's trip this winter and it was perfect.
This trip I'm using a SS dogbone plate.

If you favor a traditional plate style Aluminum or Dive Rites XT Lite skeletonized SS plate (or a Helium Ti plate if you don't mind the $$$) should shave 3-4 lbs.

I traveled with a SS BP&W (6 lbs) back when the weight limit was 50 lbs. I was able to get in under weight, even with heavy Jet fins.

Now, I’m using a carbon fiber plate and running about 38 lbs for my checked bag, with my reg and lights in a carry on.

For the last @10 years I have traveled with an aluminum Halcyon plate and Hollis wing. No problem.
In warm waters, I only need to add @6# to a belt. ( I prefer a weight belt to integrated, just my training)
For this trip I am switching over to a molded plastic Halcyon "travel" bpw, just because it was sitting around, unused and available.
I calculate that I will need to add @2# of lead to compensate for the AL plate and some stainless hardware.
I will need to switch over to integrated weighting for this trip, since I may need to donn and doff my rig in the water, since my ankle surgery @ 9 weeks ago is still not fully healed.

I will be there in my BPW. SS plate, and Halcyon wing. I'll probably use 6# but could most likely get by with 4#.

It's nice to fly southwest and get two bags free.

Today highlight!

A big thank you to one of our wonderful Invasion Sponsors!
A huge shout-out to

ScubaSoaps
4 Crew members will win a Diver Gift Set
from the owner of the company herself, @jsisemore, June!
She has always been generous to the Invasion Crews over the years!
Thank you, ScubaSoaps!
:clapping::clapping::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::clapping::clapping:
I have an added Sponsor surprise for tomorrow!

:wink: :love: :wink:

Welcome and Farwell Party Times have been updated
in the Resort Post of the
Packing, Travel, Resort Info, and Diving Tips
That's when you can win some of these fabulous prizes,
so you don't miss either one!
Everyone should attend!
Please make sure you let the non-divers know as well.
🎈🎈🎉🎉:bday::hb2::smalllogo:🎉🎉🎈🎈

🌞 😎 :cool: 🌞
I also want to remind everyone again of
the importance of being Hydrated before traveling
and staying Hydrated during the Invasion.
(beer and cocktails don't count)

It will be very hot and humid down in Cozumel, especially for the northern folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom