ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2024 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last trip to Bonaire was June 2023. We searched for prices Feb 2023 and saw in the $800 and waited for a better price. We ended up paying $947 because AA never lowered them for a Wed flight. So this time we went with the $724+seat from EWR - BON. I guess we will see you in that flight :thumb: :D
:thumb:

It's still not June? :(

Several trip logistics questions:

Morning boat dives start Sunday, go through Friday?

Check out dive to be done Saturday? How late dive shop open that day?

Marine Park orientation is now on-line, not in person?

Is there a cost add option for 1 tank afternoon boat dives?

Looking forward to my first summertime visit to Bonaire.

Several trip logistics questions:

Morning boat dives start Sunday, go through Friday? YES

Check out dive to be done Saturday? How late dive shop open that day? YES, Shop hours does not matter tanks are always available

Marine Park orientation is now on-line, not in person? YES

Is there a cost add option for 1 tank afternoon boat dives? YES

Looking forward to my first summertime visit to Bonaire.
Yes Above in Red

The confirmation email includes two links for travel insurance. Does anyone have a previous experiene or a preference? Or a better source?

The confirmation email includes two links for travel insurance. Does anyone have a previous experiene or a preference? Or a better source?
My brother Dale and I only did the travel insurance thing only during the Covid Era, when cancelations were frequent.
The math suggests that not purchasing travel insurance for only a couple of trips, saves us enough money to actually "afford" the lost of the cost of a trip!
That does not mean that it would not be extremely painful to have to lose the full cost of a dive trip, but the cost of insurance covering every trip we which have made would far exceeded the cost of one trip.
During Covid, this math changed, but today i think that we are again willing to forego buying the insurance. This discussion is ongoing, but it is trending toward us passing on the cost of insuring this trip.

Trip Insurance isn't as expensive as you think. We carry trip insurance through Allianz and have a years policy for both of us. Between this trip, Phillipines, a Cruise we are going on, it gives us $5000 per person trip cancellation coverage, trip interruption coverage, lost baggage coverage, accident insurance coverage. I have recouped the cost of last Bonaire trip and trip to Soccoro. With new virus popping up and the cost of this trip. Phillipines. a Cruise we are going on, I will risk the $1000.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom