ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2024 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Correct… it is the only flight to the island that actually overnights here. logic is that they can’t turn around and get back to IAH in time for anyone with connections and can’t leave IAH earlier due to inbound flights and also planes already on the ground here (locals, plus AA, plus Delta, plus United Newark….
Thanks for the explanation; it really makes sense but hard on the wallet.

United's round trip from IAH to BON is a wallet busting $1,100. :banghead:

Hopefully it will improve before we need to book! I have put price watches on both the Hopper app and flights.google.com.

For the others who will fly United via IAH, note that the nonstop flight there is on Saturday, June 15. However, the nonstop back to IAH is on Sunday, June 23, at 6:30am. So that will be another day of lodging.
Oh cool idea.. set up a google price alert. Thanks
Right now prices out of Miami are are under $700 on United

looking from Washington DC to Bonaire with 1 stop in Miami

$800 flying from Miami. It should come down. Sent my email right at 6 so hopefully we're in. Really looking forward to this trip, especially since it's our first without the kids.

For those who’ve done the EWR-BON trip, what kinda pricing is the ‘as low as it’ll likely get’ in your experience? First time to the island so no idea what is a good price vs one that has room to drop. TIA!

Are the rooms the same from a size standpoint? Or, asked a different way, if a person signed up as single occupancy and decided to take on a roommate, is it as simple as contacting Al and adding the second person to the room?

UNITED DC-BON: $724 + seat assignment in basic economy. $813 + seat assignment in Economy Plus
Can't wait to be selected

For the people going, is there any interest in doing a second week? I'm not going to stay a second week if 90% of the crew is gone but if a handful of folks are staying longer, I'm game. All the work my coworkers didn't do in my absence will still be there after a second week.

For the people going, is there any interest in doing a second week? I'm not going to stay a second week if 90% of the crew is gone but if a handful of folks are staying longer, I'm game. All the work my coworkers didn't do in my absence will still be there after a second week.
I'm not staying a second week. But I'm really interested in renting a truck and diving Salt Pier, Alice in Wonderland, and Karpata in the afternoon after the boat dives. If anyone else is interested please let me know and we can split the rental.

Back
Top Bottom