ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2024 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still small but they have some more staff now to help out with the tours... Last time I was there was in May 2023.

Still small but they have some more staff now to help out with the tours... Last time I was there was in May 2023.
It's been a few years since my brother and I visited the distillery.

We don't get up to "the Park" end of Bonaire much, we're too focused on the diving, but we have enjoyed Washington Slagbai and Rincon in the past.

We liked a rum that we have only seen on Bonaire, and only as we hit the "DutyFree" shop, as we killed time exiting Bonaire at BON. The bottle was named something simple, like Rum Bonaire. It had a logo showing an image of downtown Kralendijk.
That was a very smooth, very satisfying rum.
It was not available the last time we visited. Just pre-Covid. :(

Have not read this entire thread...... but will say that any of this group that is on this 2024 Bonaire "surge" should definitely take the time to visit the Cadushy distillery in Rincon. Once you've passed the north "point of no return" ......you basically need to go through Rincon anyway. It's a fully interactive tour with plenty of "free" tastings and a detailed description of the "process" and totally worth the overall experience.

I agree the distillery is worth a visit.

By the way there is a dirt road cut off that avoids Rincon. Its rough and steep and if you're not careful and the tailgate of your truck is prone to falling open you could spread scuba gear for 100 yards going up the hill.

I think I know someone that happened to.

I agree the distillery is worth a visit.

By the way there is a dirt road cut off that avoids Rincon. Its rough and steep and if you're not careful and the tailgate of your truck is prone to falling open you could spread scuba gear for 100 yards going up the hill.

I think I know someone that happened to.
seems like you are about to spill the beans, or names ! ! !

Captain Don Habitat still has a broken pier

1706022669482.png

Anyone else Flying Delta from IAD to BON /stop in Atlanta/ BON to IAD ?

Question for anyone or everyone. Stinapa now requires a deployed SMB; This is new?

Surface Marker Buoy: Make use of a Surface Marker Buoy at all times. This serves as a visual indicator of your presence. “. This is one of the diving rules from Stinapa.

Question for anyone or everyone. Stinapa now requires a deployed SMB; This is new?

Surface Marker Buoy: Make use of a Surface Marker Buoy at all times. This serves as a visual indicator of your presence. “. This is one of the diving rules from Stinapa.
Its been quite a few years since I dove inside the park. But it wasn't required last time I did.

Its been quite a few years since I dove inside the park. But it wasn't required last time I did.
We were in Bonaire June/July 2023 and never saw anyone diving along with a deployed SMB in any of the 21 dive sites we went.

Back
Top Bottom