ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2024 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its been quite a few years since I dove inside the park. But it wasn't required last time I did.

I didn't read carefully and thought you were asking about Slagbai park, but you asked about STINAPA.

So I looked at their rules here: Diving
And that would indicate that SMB is at least recommended but its unclear what is required and what is recommended.

Since I've never seen divers using SMB I looked deeper at the source law here:
And I do not see the SMB in source law.

I see a new rule on Bonaire. It seems that it is now "Mandatory to disinfect all snorkel and dive gear before and after dives.."

I see a new rule on Bonaire. It seems that it is now "Mandatory to disinfect all snorkel and dive gear before and after dives.."
Well, its a good thing urine is sterile.

At least my wetsuit is compliant.

I started a new thread for any of you who might want to join in.

Get in your best shape for Bonaire Shore Diving

Let's do it!
I posted the following in that thread, but will share it here too, as it might help others:

While this is not exactly a health/fitness post, I realized that the mention of balance is important.
With a bad leg, Bonaire shore diving could often pose difficulties for me because of my bad balance.
When visiting Bonaire I learned to bring a folding walking stick, stowed in a mesh pouch that clips on my back plate.
Having that 3rd leg sure helps on entries and exits!
Also, and this may have already been mentioned earlier and elsewhere, but full foot fins are NOT a good option for shore diving. Boots with tough soles which help with footing and protect your feet, and spring or strap fins work best for Bonaire's most popular style of diving.

Are we there yet? :jump:

Toucan orientation video

Pretty informative video. If the video replaces waddling around the resort like a flock of ducklings on day 1, it is a great, and welcome improvement.

Back
Top Bottom