ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2024 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I posted the following in that thread, but will share it here too, as it might help others:

While this is not exactly a health/fitness post, I realized that the mention of balance is important.
With a bad leg, Bonaire shore diving could often pose difficulties for me because of my bad balance.
When visiting Bonaire I learned to bring a folding walking stick, stowed in a mesh pouch that clips on my back plate.
Having that 3rd leg sure helps on entries and exits!
Also, and this may have already been mentioned earlier and elsewhere, but full foot fins are NOT a good option for shore diving. Boots with tough soles which help with footing and protect your feet, and spring or strap fins work best for Bonaire's most popular style of diving.

Are we there yet? :jump:

Attachments

• IMG_8996.jpeg
    IMG_8996.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 42
There are 3 livecams on Bonaire. Soroban Beach, underwater at Harbor Village and the Kralendijk pier (breathebonaire.com) above Luciano's ice cream. Would be a fun place to meet, take a group pic and wave at anybody tuning in at that time. Need a giant sign that says, SCUBABOARD.COM, WISH YOU WERE HERE! Then I'm going across the street for a treat.

I have an extra pair of heavy soled boots. Fit about an 8 1/2-9 size foot. I call them my 'Bonnie Booties' because I bought them just for Bonaire. 3rd time diving there. Money well spent. Figure I'd throw my extra pair in my luggage just in case someone could use them. If they fit, just hit me up and they're yours to use. I'll be at the bar with a Mojito in my hand.
I own a pair of Altama Maritime Assault boots...but a pair of Chuck Taylor's work great as well....and they're cheap! :)

1707164131711.png
1707164012660.png

Reactions: L13
Seac makes a great rock boot that won't make you look like Frankenstein's monster.

But second on the Chucks.

1707230553315.png

Just watched both videos. Good information! Never been to Bonaire... getting excited!!!

One question. My booties are soft on the bottom.. is it really that big of an issue?
Patrick and I are looking forward to diving again with you, in Bonaire

dreaming of Bonaire - this is at Divi Flamingo
divers are boarding the boat, while I'm here working in VA,US

1707332670903.png

I haven't started packing.. but am making a mental list of what I need to do before the trip
Service my reg, make sure all equipment is working properly, and I have backups, for starters..

Back
Top Bottom